Chapter 1

Valentine's Day has come again. Everyone at Monroe High is in a good mood and nothing could ruin this day.

"Hey girl," Emma said happily as we air kissed each other's cheeks.

"Hey," Candy said and gave me a smile.

"Hey girls, so why are you two so happy?" I joked

"Ha, ha, ha very funny Laura," Candy said and put her hands on her hips.

"It's Valentine's Day! Jonathan gave me a rose," Emma awed.

"Derek gave me a small box of chocolates," Candy blushed.

I, Laura Tellings, on the other hand am a single pringle. But I love seeing love. The way two people look into each other's eyes, the way couples flirt and playfully push each other. That's going to happen to me and my special someone. But I'm perfectly fine being single right now.

"Nothing can ruin this day!" I said, excitedly as I closed my locker and put my purse over my shoulder.

"Uh oh," Emma said and Candy pressed her lips together.

The hallway went silent. Everyone there stood to the side. There he was.....Liam Payne. The school's bad boy. He been to prison eighteen times. Apparently he was charged for rape, murder, and drug dealing, but no one knows for sure. Every student didn't want to be that one person to piss him off because of his reputation.

He wore a Miami Heat jersey, black skinny jeans, white high tops, a snapback, and black ray bands. He stopped for a moment and turned his head to the right, looking at a group of nerds. He snickered and lunged towards them as they hit the lockers behind them. He laughed and shook his head.

"Pathetic," he laughed and started to walk again.

"I thought he was suspended," Emma stated, but Candy and I kept silent.

His gaze went to us. Once he was in front of us he stopped and looked at me. He pulled his ray bands to the tip of his nose and gave me a quick wink. He put them back on and kept walking. Once he was gone everyone slowly started moving back to where they were and going on with their day.

"What was that all about?" Candy asked.

"I don't know, but let me tell you this. The criminal's back," I said and Emma agreed.

"Honestly though why the hell would Principal Edgar let him back in after all the crimes he has done?" Emma asked.

"He was pleaded not guilty for the rapes and murders, but was pleaded guilty for the vandilism, which clearly isn't a big deal towards the principal," I clarified.

"But still, if I were in charge, I wouldn't even let Liam take one step into this school," Candy said as we walked to lunch.

"How's he going to effect our lives? It's not like we were told to monitor him or have every single class with him," Emma exclaimed as she held open the door to the cafeteria.

Our lunch room is the same as every high school's. Each of the groups sit together like populars with populars and nerds with nerds. You get my point. We walked to our normal table and sat down together. Then, Derek and Jonathan came to the sides of their girlfriends in a matter of seconds. Right after, another three jocks came and sat with us.

"So Johny boy whatcha think of old Payne coming back, huh?" Marcus asked, chewing his gum loudly.

"Honestly Marcus, I don't give a crap. Everyone's only afraid of him because of his track record with the police. If he wanted to do a real crime why not rob somebody, then everybody will give two shits about him," he laughed, but all of us stayed quiet.