Chapter 6

I began to stir in my sleep. I opened my eyes and sat up realizing my phone was ringing.

"Hello," I said sounding grumpy into my phone.

"Are you seriously still sleeping?" I heard Casey say on the other end.

"Yes," I said rubbing my eyes. I was not a morning person. I was always grumpy when I woke up, I needed time to adjust.

"It's after 1," she said sounding unamused.

"Are you serious?" I asked, looking at the clock on my wall. I couldn't believe I slept that late.

"No i'm lying. Anyways, I have a question," she said sounding innocent.

"Shoot," I said stretching, still trying to wake up.

"Will you come see a movie with Ashton and I?"

"I'm broke," I said looking over at my wallet sitting on my bed side table.

"I'll pay," she said immediately.

"No, and I don't exactly want to be a third wheel," I said truthfully.

"Yes, and invite Luke then."

"Funny."

"You said you didn't want to third wheel," Casey said sounding defeated.

"Please?" she asked begging.

"Fine, but you're paying and buying me an icee," I said to her.

"Why do you even want us to come? Don't you want some alone time with Ash?"

"Yeah, but I want to see if he'll act flirty in front of you guys, or if this is really just us being friends. I feel like I've been getting mixed signals," she said sounding confused.

"Just ask Luke to come observe Ashton's actions, why do I have to come?" I asked trying to get myself out of the situation yet again.

"I don't want to be a third wheel to their bromance. I can't keep up with their hockey talk or whatever."

I laughed at her, "fine, let me ask Luke."
"Movie starts at 2:30," she said happily before hanging up.

I sat on the edge of my bed for a moment feeling nervous about asking Luke.

I wanted to call him since it seemed quicker but I thought about texting him instead because then it would be less awkward.

I debated in my head for a minute before deciding to just call him because I was feeling way too lazy to type and wait for him to answer. Who knows how long he could take to finally reply to me.

"Parker," he said answering the phone.

"Hemmings... are you busy?" I asked nervously.

"Not exactly."

"Well Ashton and Casey invited me to a movie, want to come? It's at 2:30" I said biting my lip as soon as I finished my sentence, waiting for an answer.

"Yeah sure," he said and I let out a silent sigh of relief.

"Do you need me to come get you?" he asked.

"Uh, I'm not sure if my dad will be home to let me use his car, but I could always just ask Ashton and Casey."

"I'll just come get you, you don't want to third wheel in that car anyways," he said laughing.

"Yeah I didn't want to third wheel at all honestly, text me when you're on your way," I said laughing as well before the line went dead.

After taking a fairly quick shower and getting dressed, I scribbled my dad a note and placed it on the living room table. I grabbed my wallet, and a light sweater as I saw Luke pull into my driveway.