Chapter 30

Today was my first check up since my surgery. I was extremely nervous as I walked into the hospital building. I followed my sister through the long halls and up to the doctors office.

I stayed quiet, hoping this visit would be quick and easy. I hadn't felt any worse since the surgery, but I did have my days where I didn't feel completely okay.

I pulled open the door to the office before walking over to the front desk. I signed my name on the clipboard before sitting next to my sister, nervously bouncing my leg up and down.

I looked around before pulling my phone out of my back pocket and opening my twitter app.

I looked up as I heard one of the doors in the office open.

"Bailey Parker," a nurse called. I looked at my sister as we both stood up and made our way to follow her.

She took my weight and height before leading me into a small room, telling me the doctor would be right in. I looked around feeling more nervous than before. I knew there wasn't much to worry about, but I just couldn't help the feeling in my stomach.

A few minutes later the door opened and I saw Dr. Chase walk into the room.

"Hey Bailey how are you?" he asked with a smile.

"Well," I said with a small smile myself.

"That's good. I'm gonna take you to get your MRI alright?" he said and I nodded. I stood up and followed him into the MRI room I had been in before. I took a breath as I walked into the room.

I laid down as the machine took images of my brain. The noise was louder than I remembered, and it dawned on me why I never wanted to do this again.

After a few minutes, I was able to exit the MRI and Dr. Chase led me back to the room and asked some follow up questions. He asked if any symptoms reoccured or if school was a struggle for me. I assured him I felt alright, just had an occasional headache here and there.

He reminded me to take things easy, and not overwhelm myself. He informed me that someone would call my family and tell them if anything was different on my MRI.

My sister and I thanked him as we walked out of the office.

Once I exited the building I let out a sigh of relief as I felt the cool air hit my cheeks. I got into my sisters car and relaxed in my seat.

"Told you there was nothing to worry about," she said with a soft smile.

"I know," I said as I let out another sigh of relief. I truly did know there wasn't much that could have gone wrong, but that didn't stop me from being nervous. I felt like anything could go wrong at this point.

Ever since my diagnosis, I had felt uneasy being around hospitals. Even if it meant just driving by them, that was probably what made me feel more worked up than I should have been.

Once I pulled open the door to my bedroom, I sat down and texted Luke I was home from my appointment.

*Can I come over?* his message read.

*Of course :)*

I smiled at the fact Luke was coming over. I wasn't upset or sad, but I just felt like I needed comfort and Luke was the best person to do that.

Soon I heard a knock at my front door. I made my way into the living room and opened the door seeing Luke standing in front of me.

"The door was open," I said with a small laugh. He knew where the spare key was anyways if the door was locked.