Chapter 31

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday to Michelle, happy birthday to you!" Jasmine sang to me in Skype. This is my first birthday alone but I am not too worried or sad about it because I don't really do much on it anyways.

"Thank you Jasmine for singing to me it was beautiful," she beamed at my comment before pulling out three wrapped up parcels.

"Mum and dad got you something and I was going to post it but mum said not to because it can get lost and the Christmas holidays are soon here and so are you," I smiled at her. The thought of knowing that a parcel is at home waiting for me makes me feel content and happy.

"I can't wait to see what you guys have got me and I can't wait till Christmas!" Me and Jasmine squealed in excitement then she leaned forward towards the camera.

"So has Jack got you anything," I couldn't tell Jasmine that Jack doesn't even know my birthday because the whole plan would get out.

"He said something about taking me somewhere this evening..."

"Awwwwwwwwwwwww."

"But yh I am not sure what he has got me," I wonder what Jack would have got me if he knew. I hoped not a lot and I would have been glad if it was that way because I would never be able to repay him.

But I don't need to worry about that because he isn't getting me anything.

Maybe it's for the best he doesn't know.

"Seeing as you two are going out in the evening don't do anything dad wouldn't do!" Jasmine warned me.

"Dad? What about mum?"

"Dad is the one always complaining about the do's and don't."

"That's true Jasmine," she looked at her watch before rolling her eyes.

"I have to leave for school now but in the evening after your date me, mum and dad would be ready to Skype you,"

"Sounds like a plan." We ended the chat and I just went to sit by my desk. I had one exam tomorrow and another next week which I was prepared for. I decided to have a recap of my notes before going for a walk around campus.

Flash cards were the best.

I had made some which looked cute and eye catching. I picked up my cards and went through them quickly as I knew of by heart what was on them. After a few minutes of doing this I got changed into appropriate clothes and went for a walk.

My first walk around campus as a 19 year old!

As I walked through campus a few people stopped and smiled at me and some stared at me quietly. I heard cheering and turned to look at were it was coming from and saw a big group of camera people. When they saw that I saw them their cheering became louder.

Then I heard it.

"Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to Black beauty! Happy birthday to you!" The whole paparazzi started cheering and clapping as they made their way over to me.

"Thank you everyone so much," I said as I smiled. I even allowed them to take some pictures of me.

Why am I not surprised that they know my birthday?

"Do you have any plans for today?"

"Yh I might go out."

"With Jack?" I nodded shyly because I was 100% sure if I wouldn't be doing anything with him. It was a day ago when he got drunk and we haven't been in contact since. His mother properly kept him in and is trying to brainwash him into not wanting to be with me.