16|Starting Out Fresh

REAL LIFE

(September 21st, 2012)

ON THE FAIR DAY FULL OF SUNSHINE AND CLEAR SKIES, THE RICHARDS SWEETHEART WAS WELL ON HER WAY TO THE WELL KNOWN SET OF DOCTOR WHO. It was finally decided that filming for part of the new series would be underway. First, the christmas special being the prime concentration for everyone.

She had on some simple jeans and a white t-shirt with a classic leather jacket, to go with her black converse. She still couldn't believe she was on the set of Doctor Who. After all, she grew up on thr sci-fi classic. Plus, her own sister had thought it was some sort if nightmare, to her at least. 

By the time she finally grasped the reality of her career, she was already greeted by several cast members & set assistants. Everyone had learned the actress' name in order to work smoothly with her.

It was easy to remember, seeing as Karen had played the iconic character Amelia Pond. Soon enough, she ended up at her trailer to be greeted by Steven Moffat, the main writer and director for the show. He had explained how filming would go for about the next two months. She had already filmed some of her parts already, resulting in a shorter time for filming.

For her first scene of the day, they had sent her to wardrobe to get into her character, physically. It was set in the time of Victorian London, in the 19th century. She loved the apparel change but had to admit her corset was tight, even for her small frame. Her dress was of a dark navy, darker than the blue sea. Her feet were clothed with studded boots and her hair almost twirled into oblivion. The hair style was vital to the scene as well.

As soon as she got out of the makeup's grasp & wardrobe's clutches, she entered the official set for the scene she had been awaiting. It was set in an antique house, both their characters escaping from the ice governess in peril.

But soon, the scene had her climbing up a ladder to the famous TARDIS that she adored.

She smiled greatly, not being able to hold it back. As she looked around, fog was being blown everywhere, to create a mysterious effect. She then carefully tip-toed to the very door leading to the next scene's set. Matt ran up to the controls, taking reign once
"Well, for your information, I'm not sweet on the inside, and I'm certainly not—" she stops, her script instructing her to stop mid-sentence. She looks around in amazement, taking in the spectacle. "—Little"

"It's called the Tardis. It can travel anywhere in time and space. And it's mine" Matt speaks the familiar line.

"But it's. Look at it, it's—"

"Go on, say it. Most people do" he proudly says.

"—It's smaller on the outside" she finishes after doing a traditional spin to get a full view. Matt shows a surprised facial expression, acting true to his character.

Their individual lines go on & on, each scene playing out almost perfectly, mainly some bloopers on Matt's end. The day goes on, being tiresome for everyone. Many hours later, both Matt & Amelia are found sitting in their own chairs, relaxing after a hard day's work.

"I've forgotten how tiring acting is" she mutters as she takes a large gulp of her water. Matt chuckles in response as he looks at the young actress.

"It is fun though, is it not?"

"It is, but it's also work" she laughs, knowing fun could tire you out as well.

"Nonetheless, you were great today, Amy. It's your first day on set since January & we were able to get most of the christmas special done in advance"

"Thank you, Matt. I'm glad I didn't majorly mess up. You're the real star though, I applaud you!" She giggled.

"Why thank you, m'lady" he bows, causing more laughter to erupt from them both.

"Guys! We're officially done for the day! We'll start again tomorrow!" Moffat yelled through the studio, alerting everyone. Everyone cheered, glad they could all head home. They had started at 8:00 am & finished at 7:35 pm at night.

The pair sighed in exasperation and said their goodbyes. Amelia changed back into her original, comfy clothes. She caught a bus back to her apartment, too tired to completely walk the entire way back.

30 minutes later, she finally arrives at her apartment, unlocking the lock on her door. She removes her jacket and sets down her keys but then allows herself to fall on her bed. She feels her eyelids droop and lets them take her into a needed deep sleep.

|AUTHORS NOTE|

Finally a real chapter