Chapter 13

"How did this happen?" Dante asked looking at the painting.

"Rue and I heard the woman from the painting crying. Then the lady with white hair from the painting grabbed her and pulled her in." Nero grabs the painting away from Dante. Ella paces around the room thinking. Then it hit her. She stops in her tracks. "We need to go to that doll shop!" She yells and they all run out of the building.

* * *

Lucifer puts up the painting of Rue in her white dress, wearing a crown, and playing the harp. He smiles at his painting collection. A mist forms from one of the paintings and the lady in white walks out holding Rue in her arms. Lucifer smiles. "Lady in White," He walks over to her and looks down at Rue. He then frowns. "It took you too long. Now look at her."

Lucifer holds Rue in his arms. "Don't worry, your beauty will stay forever." He says and Rue spits in his face.

"You freaking creep what the hell is wrong with you?!" Rue yells at him.

"Now that wasn't very nice." He says and wipes the spit from his face.

"Well then I guess it's too bad that I DON"T CARE!" She yells the last part.

"Oh, but you will." He says.

"Make me." She growls.

"Fiesty. I like it." He replies then Ella, Dante, and Nero come bursting through the door.

"RUE!" Ella and Nero yell. Lucifer curses and chants a barrier spell. Ella bangs her hand against the purple barrier.

Lucifer smiles. "Looks like they can't get in," He pokes Rue's forehead. "Now for the ritual."

Lucifer takes out a knife and cuts his finger a little. A drop of blood hits Rue's forehead, he then makes a pentagram with it.

"A beauty that stays. In a form of everlasting life, never show of aging. That is a Doll's life." Lucifer chants.

A bright blue light booms around Rue. She screams in agony as she changes into something different.  Dante, Ella, and Nero bang on the barrier with anger as the process was happening. When the blue light disappeared, Rue turned into a doll.

The purple barrier slowly disinigrated from the top. The three ran into the store but Lucifer picked up the Rue doll and disappeared.

"That bastard!" Nero yelled punching the wall.

"Listin Nero. We will get her back." Ella said clenching her fists.

"How do you know?" Nero asked disbelieving.

"Because, we are the only family we have left. And besides," She pauses turning her head to Nero. ",Rue is one hell of a fighter." She finished with a smile.