Chapter 4

Ella sets Rue down on a tattered red sofa in the shop 'Devil May Cry' and sits down next to her. "So," she looks around sees pizza boxes and beer bottles around the room. "This is your shop..."

Dante leans back in his chair behind his desk. "Yep, isn't it roomy?"

"More like a pigs pen..." Nero grumbles as he kicks a beer bottle across the room. He looks back at Ella. "Can you explain what happened back there?"

She sighs and sits down next to the sleeping Rue. "All I know is that she can see if a demon is in disguise and tells me that they're demons. Even as the demon hides anywhere from eyesight. Her eyes track them down." Ella checks Rue's forehead to see if she had a fever. Her temperature seemed normal. "Rue said she got this power when a demon killed her family and scratched her eyes. Then she met me during her blind stage, she said she wanted to look for a demon that has the face of a man. Rue didn't seem to give me much detail."

Rue stired in her sleep. "S-Stop...no..." she mumbles, a bead of sweat glides down her face. "...blood..."

"She's a sleep talker." Ella says with a little smile. "Doesn't seem to be a good dream..." She trails off. "Do you have anywhere else i could put her?" Ella asks turning to Dante.

Dante points up the stairs and Ella picks up Rue's childish form.

Ella comes back from downstairs. "First thing first, if Rue and I are going to be staying here this place is not going to look like this." She tells the boys and starts throwing the pizza boxes and beer bottles into a large bag.

"Who said you were staying here?" Dante asked irritated with a vein popping out of his forhead.

"I did. Do you have a problem with that?" Ella asks, hands on hips.

"Jeesh, I didn't peg you for the sassy one." Dante mumbles.

"What was that?" Ella asks, taking steps forward, making Dante nervous.

"Nothing. Nothing." He replied, scratching the back of his neck. This chick can be pretty intimidating.

"Thats what I thought. Now," She says and swats his feet off the desk. ",pick your lazy bum up and start helping." She finishes by dumping Dante out of his chair. Nero starts laughing and Ella shoots him a glare. "You too."

After about an hour the place was cleaned and swept.

"Now we just have to get some new furniture and this place might start look half decent." Ella says.

Dante sweat drops. Oh boy, she really is going to take over this place. He thinks.