Chapter 3

"Rue? Rue?" Ella calls out.

"Nero?" Dante calls.

"What, you know the guy that rammed into Rue?" Ella asked, only recieving a nod from Dante. "I still cant believe he took down the side of that building. What the hell is the matter with him?" She askes Dante.

"You'd have to ask him." Dante responds.

"Ella?" Rue coughs out of her dry throut.

"Rue!" Ella says and rushes over to where Rue is.

Ella starts moving the ruble off of Rue and finally frees her. "Thank god your alright!" Ella cries as she hugs Rue.

Suddenly the three hear deep coughing and Nero frees himself from a pile of the reckage. "You!" Ella says and pulls out her gun, aiming it at the man that hurt the closest thing to family she has.

"Hey now," Dante says. ", no need for that."

"Give me one reason why i shouldn't!" Ella screams at him.

"Because, he is my nephew." Dante informs the girls.

"I don't care." Ella responds.

"Why don't you explain to the lady with the gun why you rammed her friend into the wall?" Dante askes Nero.

 "She was about to attack you." He says with a shrug of his shoulders, confussion clear in his voice.

"Whatever." Ella says and sticks her gun back into her inside coat pocket.

She picks Rue up and goes back into the bar. The girls finish their strawberry ice creams and leave. "Thanks again." Ella says with a smile to the old bartender.

"Anytime." He replies and sets down the glass he was cleaning to wave.

Ella and Rue started walking outside of town, looking for anymore demons. They hear a screech and turn around. Nothing. Rue gets off her piggyback ride from Ella and looks around. All of a sudden the ground shakes and a demon centipede pops out of the ground. A bullet shoots it's head, but bounces back from it's hard metal shell. "Damn! That is one hard nut!" Dante yells and

Nero appears with him from out of nowhere.

Rue glares at him. "You were following us?!"

Ella takes out her gun. "Let's pay attention to them later! Or never."

Rue nods and takes out her Devil's Grave. She then jumps on the demon centipede's head. It shrieks and tries to get her off. She slashes down on it to make it crack, until it shakes it's head making her fall. Nero jumps up and catches her. Ella shoots at the opening in then metal shell. The affect wasn't big since the opening was small. "Damn!" She yells. "Rue, the opening wasn't big enough!"

Nero sets down Rue a few feet away. But instead of thanking him she kicks his face. "I can take care of myself!" Nero takes out Blue Rose and shoots at the same opening that she made on the demon centipede.

"If I didn't save you from falling, you would've broken a bone!" Nero yells at her.

"I'm not weak!" Rue dashes back into action as Dante slashes his Rebllion down on the same opening Rue made. Ella shoots at the centipede's eyes. It sheriks in pain and goes under. Dante jumps off before it fully went underground. "Nice job princess, you made it harder for us to kill it since its underground!" Dante yells at Ella. She points her finger at him.

"Don't call me princess!"

Rue's eyes glowed bright red. A red glow shaped as the centipede moves around underground.

She sees it coming back up next to Nero. Rue curses and runs back towards him. "Watch out!"

Nero didn't understand, and the ground opened and the demon centipede dives at him. Rue jumps in front of him and blocks the demon centipede's sharp teeth with her scythe. It pushes her back and she pushes forward. Rue looks back at him.

"Shoot!" she yells. Nero shoots inside the mouth of the demon centipede and it turns into black ashes. Rue sighs in relief and her eyes turn back to deep red. She falls forward into Nero's open arms. Dante an Ella stopped arguing and looks over at them. Ella gasps and walks over to grab Rue out of Nero's grasp.

"Shit, she used it again. I tell her not to and what does she do?" Ella mutters to herself.

"How did she know where the demon is when it was underground?" Nero asked.

Ella picks up Devil's Grave. "We need to be in a safer place first."

Dante smiles and nudges her. "Let's go to my shop and we'll get to know each other better." He flirts.

Nero shakes his head in disgust. "Stop being such a pervert."