Only Days Away

“You will be fine Noah.” I say as I am taking measurements for the suit that he will have to wear on Monday. Is trial was coming up and I was just as nervous as he was. My pregnancy was actually pulling everyone closer together. My father was finally accepting the fact that Noah and I are together and that he was going to be a grandfather soon.

            “I hope so. I just want to be with you as a free man.” I smile and stand up to kiss his lips. In the process my back suddenly wants to hurt and I wince. This whole gaining weight and getting all these pains weren’t working out for me. I hated it.

            “You shouldn’t be bending down like that.” He says. I roll my eyes. I was fine and who else was going to measure him and get his suit at the store.

            “I am fine Noah.” I tell him. He sighs and sits down in the chair. We were in my house and Noah had a meeting with his lawyer. Since things had gotten so serious between Noah and I, he told his lawyer everything. Even the fact that I was having his child. His lawyer, Ben, thought it was best that people didn’t know about me just yet. That still wouldn’t keep from going to the trail. My belly wasn’t exactly huge. I just looked pleasantly plump in the abdominal area. Noah still thought I was a “hot momma”. His words, not mine.

            “What if Jonathon has something else up his sleeve?” Noah says. I shake my head. Jonathon was now part of the trail. He would be speaking on the stand to explain himself and give an alibi.

            “He’s running scared. He had to bailed out yesterday because of what he did to me. Nothing is going to happen. When he gets put in jail, his little mafia family will leave us alone.” I say. Noah nods and he kisses my forehead. He then looks down at my belly and places a hand on it. I was only three months into it, but Noah swore that he felt our little baby move.

            “Boy or girl?” He asks. I smile. I look down at my own stomach. I felt like this was a power baby.

            “Boy.” I say. Noah shakes his head and rubs my belly. I giggle slightly. He bends over to kiss my stomach and I sigh. It seemed that the crazier things got, the closer Noah and I became.

            “Girl. Definitely a girl.” He says. I shake my head. No way. I have always wanted a little girl, but I felt like this baby was going to be a boy. I could imagine my baby boy being smart and growing up to be athletic and having a way healthier life than I ever did. I would never leave him and I would never mess his life up the way my mother did mine.

            “I guess we will see in a few weeks.” I say. Noah smiles at me and rubs my shoulders. It felt good and I sigh happily.

            “Yeah I guess. I’ll be four months in a few weeks Noah.” I look up at him and see him nod his head with a serious expression. I needed Noah to be with for the rest of my pregnancy. If he didn’t win this trial—he would be in prison for twenty-five years or maybe even life in prison. It all depended on the judge. I was nervous for him and our baby needed his father.

            “Ben is here.” Nina says entering the office. She smiles as Ben walks in through the doorway. I roll my eyes. Ever since seeing Ben, she was sort of off her rocker. Nina loved men like him and she was developing a little crush on him.

            “Good afternoon Nora.” He says politely. I smile at Ben and get up.

            “Ben. I’ll see you later Noah.” I say. I leave the room with Nina and we both head into the den where I flip on the television. Nina sighs.