Abducted

Back at my house I pack some clothes for my journey to Chicago. I pack five different outfits. I booked a hotel that was only five blocks from Noah’s families apartment. After I am done packing I sit on my bed and try to calm the butterflies in my stomach. I was nervous because I didn’t want to meet any of the bad people that follow Noah’s family. I didn’t want them following me either.

            “Nora!” I turn as Peter busts through my bedroom. I grab at my chest because he scared me half to death.

            “Peter! You scared me.” I slap his shoulder. Peter smiles and he goes to sit on my bed. It seems that he wasn’t all that offended about our last conversation. What the hell was he doing here?

            “I am going with you to Chicago.” He says. How did he know where I was going? “Noah told me everything and I will not let you go alone.” He says. I smile. I didn’t want to go alone anyways.

            “What about work?” I knew that Peter had some days off but four in a row? I didn’t think so.

            “Taking a little vacation.” I sigh. I did not want to go to Chicago alone, but I also did not want Peter going with me. I just didn’t want him to be all tangled up in this like I was.

            “I already cleared it with your daddy so you have to say yes.” Peter tells me. I smile and toss him a ticket. I bought two because I was going to ask Leo to go. Like I said—I didn’t want to go alone.

            “Thanks.” He says and gives me a big bear hug. I push him away laughing. Peter may not look that strong, but he actually kind of was.

            “I’m leaving the day after tomorrow.” I tell Peter. He nods and we go downstairs. It is the middle of the day and my father is in the kitchen. I give him an odd look. He never came home this early.

            “Hey daddy.” I say with a smile. I kiss him on the cheek and grab a water from the fridge. I toss one to Peter.

            “Hello honey.” I sits in the chair and I warm up some leftovers for him to eat. I don’t question why he is here because he was still having a hard time with Allen. I had a feeling that I wouldn’t see the last of him, but at least he wouldn’t be hurting Noah or any other inmate.

            Peter and I head into the living room to talk a little bit. I told him about the bank account and how I would be making transactions. Peter was worried that Noah’s family wouldn’t let us speak to them or something like that. I had hope that they would because they would want Noah to get out of jail. Peter smiles at me and I give a questioning look.

            “What?” I ask. He shakes his head and looks back at the television. I roll my eyes. Peter was acting weird.

            An hour or so later he leaves and I head into the garage to work on the finishing touches of the Hemi. It is almost done and the seats were nearly finished. I felt proud of myself for doing this. When I am all sweaty I start back towards the house. It is dark and something doesn’t feel right. I walk faster to the porch and I am almost there but something hits my head hard. I stumble and fall to the ground. I can see a figure hovering above me, but I cannot make out their face because I black out.

            I wake up sitting in a chair. My head hurts like a bitch and I am angry. I had a feeling on who did this to me. The only person that wanted to get back at me was Allen. Sure enough the door opens and Allen walks through. I glare at him and try not to show my pain. After him walks in a man that I have never seen before in my life. Allen and the man seem to talk for a little while. I take in my surrounding in the meantime.