Chapter 1 - School

I walked onto the bus to be greeted by whispers.

Whispers of hatred.

But nothing I wasn't used to. Everytime I would glance at a seat the person in it would move their bag into the empty spot next to them.

I sighed, and looked at the bus driver.

He was always the one to point out a seat for me. He gave the infamous "death glare' to a sixth grader, and the kid immediately moved his bag, and scooted as close to the window as possible.

At least I wasn't forced to sit in the back. The back of the bus is chaos.

It's all the popular kids.

They eat, throw things, stand up at random times, blast rap music, and yell and curse at the top of their lungs.

The only thing I get back there is hit, prodded with questions, and treated like dirt in all.

I sat next to the kid, not caring about how scared he looked. I closed my eyes, and blocked out all the sound around me.

I daydreamed all the way to school. About people not hating me, that is one of the things I desired the most. But there was one thing that was more important than that.

And that was to survive Inda.

                                                                 __________

My first class was science. Nobody wants science as their first class. But the main reason I hated it was because of Komi Minor.

Komi was an abuser. Anyone looked down upon by others was looked down two times harder by Komi. And he made sure that was clear.

And because this school had a very large anti-bullying program, Komi did this all under the teachers noses.

He abused in a very logical way. Considering how stupid he really was. He did a bunch of little things, and at the end of the year, he would pull something big to add up to all of those little things.

By little things I mean hurtful words. Slamming lockers closed in peoples faces, things like that.

The end of the year was always the worst. I feared that day every year. Last year he had a whole group of people hit and beat me till they thought I was almost dead. Or they thought so.

Healing jutsu is one of my specialties.

At the end of class, I was tripped by someone, but I caught myself easily.

I don't know what his deal is. Maybe he thinks that the stronger the predator, the weaker the prey get. And that's a mistake. The food chain is an ever changing thing.

And so are we.

Komi had his weaknesses. And I had mine.

One of his weaknesses was his stupidity. He said a lot of dumb things on a daily basis.

My least favorite was being teased about my hair. "Why is your hair spiky on one side and smooth on the other?" Was what he said to me every morning.

And I hated it.

I had no desire to defeat Komi, but when the time comes I would.

He felt that the weak should be put into their place, and the strong punished the weak further and further to the ground, far below even the insects of the food chain. Let alone the lions and the wolves.

As the day went on, I got my finger broken in a door.

Thanks, Komi, I really appreciate it.

Time to perform healing ninjutsu in the bathroom.

__________

The day dragged on, and the end finally came. I stepped onto the bus, and looked at the driver, too tired to do anything today.

He glared at the kids in the back. I let out a reeeeeeaaaalllllly long sigh, and walked back there.

I wasn't about to ask my parents to pick me up, because they'll bombard me with questions.

I wasn't going to let them worry.

Not about me.

As I went to the back of the bus, I noticed my neighbor Yuye Cami. He had large, turquoise eyes, honey blonde hair, and a small mechanical dog on his head.

He was dressed in a typical red T-shirt and jeans. The only thing I knew about him was he was a smart guy. He was my age, and lived two doors down from me.

I disregarded him, and walked to the very back of the bus, avoiding all the feet trying to trip me.

As I moved towards the back, the only seat I saw was next to Komi.

Great.