Chapter 8 - I Missed You

Song - Do You Remember Me? By Bahjat

"I missed you, you know that?"
-Katsuki Bakugou

• • •

Everyone started coming out of the shadows with their hero costumes on. If I'm being honest, it was kinda cool. I looked over to where Katsuki was to see him checking me out. He didn't notice me yet so I smirked when I thought of an idea. I swayed my hips a bit and when I looked over, Katsuki's face was flushed and he looked like he was having a small nosebleed.

I turn around and listen to All Might giving us instructions. It had seemed to be that I was in Katsuki's team, I don't really mind though, honestly. But we have one huge problem. I'm on my period.

I didn't want to be a bother to Katsuki so I told him that he could be offense while I'm defense. For some reason, he actually listened to me. Weirdo.

~Timeskip to the next battles~

I wasn't happy at all with the amount of injuries Izuku got. I rewatched the recording of the battle over and over again but I still don't understand Izuku's quirk. I thought he had gotten his quirk after I moved away? Did an accident happen? Now that I think about it, during the sludge incident, Izuku hadn't used his quirk at all.

Was I mad at Katsuki for adding to Izuku's injuries? No. Why? Because, I finally realized why Katsuki wanted to hurt Izuku so badly. It was because he was jealous of him. Katsuki told me when we were younger that he had wanted to be the number one hero. So naturally, he would think everyone around him is an obstacle in his way.

I wanted to talk to Katsuki but he didn't seem like himself so I decided to ask him later. As I watched my other classmates with their quirks, it made me think. How in the world did the grape get in this class? It honestly doesn't make any sense to me, but I'll leave it for now.

~Timeskip~

I was talking a bit with my sisters in the classroom until I saw Katsuki leaving with his things. I excused myself from my sisters and followed Katsuki.

"Katsuki! Wait up!" I yelled. He turned around to face me.

"Who said we were on a first name basis, huh? Just leave me alone." Katsuki looked depressed from the battle. He also looked like he was about to cry.

I sighed. "I'll ask you later. Here." I gave him my handkerchief to use in case he did cry later.

Katsuki turned away and mumbled something that sounded like "I don't need your help" so I smiled when he took it anyway.

I watched as he walked away and looked out the window to see him going back home but before he walked out of school, I saw Izuku running out to see him panting and trying to talk to Katsuki.

My eyes widened and I ran outside behind a pillar in case Katsuki would accidentally hurt Izuku.

From what I heard was that Izuku's quirk was handed to him? I only heard that your quirks could be stolen from All for One. Don't ask me where I found that out, I may have read my mom's diary when she wasn't looking. That's when I realized, All Might's quirk is One for All which meant that he could pass down his quirk to another. Man, who knew that my mom's diary could come in handy.

I was interrupted from my thoughts when I heard Katsuki yelling. I looked over at them and saw that Katsuki was walking away from Izuku to hide his tears. He was using my handkerchief. I smiled faintly. I looked over at Izuku and was about to walk over to him when I saw All Might zoom right pass Izuku to Katsuki yelling something. All Might let go after Katsuki told him to go away. Finally I can talk to him.

I ran past All Might and Izuku who looked terrified. I wondered what was his problem but I shrugged it away. Once I caught up to Katsuki, I hugged him from behind.

"Katsuki, do you remember me?" I asked quietly but enough for him to hear me.

"Do you remember that one girl who had to leave you behind a long time ago? Do you remember N/N-Chan?"

His red eyes widened at the mention of my nickname when we were kids. He turned around so he could face me properly.

"Is it really you?" He asked faintly. All I did was nod. He gave me a small smile but it quickly turned into a frown.

"Why are you back now? And why did you have to bring your dumb sisters with you?"

"Look, I'm sorry I came back at short notice but my dad wanted us to come back again because he's back in business. And please don't call my sisters dumb."

"WHY DID YOU LEAVE SO QUICKLY AND COME BACK NOW? DO YOU KNOW HOW HURT I WAS WHEN YOU LEFT?"

"Katsuki I-" I was interrupted when he hugged me real hard. I hugged him back just as hard.

"I missed you, you know that?" He said quietly. I smiled faintly.

"I missed you too."

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Sorry for the wait guys! My uncle just left for Hawaii for three years for military and I'm not feeling the best rn. But all in all, I hope you guys enjoyed and have a great day or night!

Word count: 911