9 Months Later -4

Im sorry this is so short i had intended for it to be alot longer so this is just like half the chapter. but i havent updated in forever and i had some free time. so enjoy this little preview. I promise to have the rest up later tonight or tomorrow. :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was the man from the office last night. He averted his eyes from me as he spoke.

"You're free to go, Dante will take you back to your apartment as soon as you're ready. He'll be waiting outside the door."

With that he turned on his heel and backed up, leaving me they're kind of dumbfounded. I shook my head and sat their cradling Lena. When she was dine I laid her back down and put on the jeans I had from last night since I had forgotten to bring clothes for me last night. I didn't know what time it was but id don't think I slept for too long it was barely light out and I still felt tired but the sooner I got home the less explaining I'd have to do for my disappearing act for the last few hours.

I changed Lena and put my dirty shirt in a ball in the side pocket of her diaper bag. She was laying in her basinet staring around playing with her fingers. I smiled, was completely unaffected by whatever was going on around her. I turned back to make sure I'd had everything that I brought. I did.

I walked to the door and sure enough there was Dante.

"Can you grab the bottom part again please?" I asked stepping back onto the room. He followed without a word and stopped when I went to undo the top half.

We were back at the black SUV when a few other guys came out and got in the car too. It creeped me out. They were in all jeans and black shirts and both of them looked like they were on steroids. One got in front with Dante and the other sat in the back with me on the opposite side of Lena. We got in the car and I looked at the time, 6:23.

The ride was quiet, no music once again, and no talking. I felt extremely awkward, absolute silence makes me paranoid.

We arrived at James's apartment and Dante got out without my asking and helped me upstairs after just putting the car seat in my car. I silently walked in expecting to be attacked at the door but saw that the boys were still splayed out on the couch. Thank god. I walked back to my room and set the bag down taking Lena out and going back to the door to get the second half of the basinet so I could put it back together in my room. I laid Lena on my bad and put pillows on both sides of her so she wouldn't roll off. I reached to grab the top half and was about to put it back on the bottom part when I saw an envelope in it. I reached for it and set it on my bed putting the top on and laying Lena back in it close to my bed.

I sat down and picked up the envelope holding it in my hands wondering what it could be. I opened it and peeked inside slipping out a note that was in it. I read it, re-read it and dropped it.

LATER

I had changed into fresh clothes, and thrown my work shirt in the wash when Lena decided to take another nap. I hadn't showered yet since I was waiting for the boys to wake up to keep an eye on her for me.

I was still sitting on my bed not knowing what to do with the envelopes contents. I had locked it in a jewelry box I had but never used so no one would find it. I was confused by the situation I had so stupidly put both myself and Lena into. I had acted without thinking last night and now it could lead to possible danger. If I'd have known my curiosity would have caused this I would never have helped that man last night. Even though I probably would have, just in a different way rather than going on a mission to find him myself.

I had to be careful not to mention anything about what happened to anyone even more so now. It was most likely drug money that the envelope had contained inside. I didn't count it to double check the amount said in the letter was how much it contained, I was more than positive that the amount was right. But the responsibility of what came with it wasn't necessarily hard but nerve wracking. I was thankful to be home and away from those people. I wouldn't tell anyone, I wouldn't spend the money, and I would never go near those people again.

Around 9 the boys came in and I was able to shower. They wanted to take her for a walk and I reluctantly agreed. I was already concerned about letting others take Lena somewhere without me but now it was worse.

When I was finished with my shower I changed into dark blue skinnies with rips in them all up and down the legs and an Escape the Fate band tee. I had my bangs straightened and covering one of my eyes with the rest of my hair in a messy sloppy bun off the side of my head. I made my eyeliner dark around my eyes and put some gray eye shadow on. I grabbed a zip up hoodie and threw on some converse grabbing my wallet, keys, and cellular before heading out the door. I texted Leo telling him where I was headed so he wouldn't freak out coming back and finding me gone.

I walked in the door and was greeted by the sweet aroma of coffee, cappuccinos, and lattés. I smiled walking up to the register to order a low fat French vanilla latté and a muffin. I stood near the register waiting for my order.

I made a mental check list of what I had to do today.

1. Finish my latté and muffin.

2. Check work schedule.

3. Go for a walk with Lena in the park.

It was short but it occupied my time while waiting and pretty soon number one on my list for things to do today had been completed; so I headed to work to get a copy of my hours for the week.

When I walked through the back it was extremely quiet which is strange considering it was lunch time and the place was normally pretty full. I ignored the silence and went to the office to get my schedule.

When I looked in I saw the light on and Rob sitting at his desk.

I knocked on the door and he looked up and smiled when he saw me.

"Can I get a copy of the schedule for the week?" I asked walking in. He looked a little nervous.

"Yeah, yeah, sure." He said taking out a slip of paper. I reached out to get it and he held it just out of reach.

"Collette you're not scheduled to work tonight but, I have a special party coming in around 9. Do you think you could waitress for it? I'd ask one of the other waiters but I trust you most and this dinner has to go perfect." He looked scared asking me if I would, probably thinking I'd say no.

"Of course I'll waitress tonight, just let me add it to my copy of the schedule" I said taking the paper out of his hands and a pen from his desk writing it down. "So I don't forget." I finished looking up and giving his pencil back.

"Thanks Collette." He said with a sigh waving me out of his office. I left and headed home back to James's apartment. I hope the boys are back with Lena, I missed her.