9 Months Later-16

To my readers I apologize for the shortness but I had a great new idea for how to go with the story and so I made a quick little chaptsr to shove things in that direction. I hope you all enjoy it.

I woke the next morning still on the floor to knocking at my door. I stood up and walked over to answer it. There was a man in what looked like a delivery outfit. He carried a large box and handed me a clipboard.

"Sign here." He said handing me a pen. I did so and he gave me the box, as I was closing the door he stopped me.

"There's one more thing." He reached into his bag and pulled out a large manila envelope and a small box.

"Thank you." I said and closed the door. I set the envelope and box on the counter and walked down the hallway to go get Lena up and ready for the day. I crept into her room and turned the light on. She was still asleep so I rubbed her back and said her name qiuetly to wake her.

"Lena, sweetie its time to wake up." I paused and tried a again. "Lena wake up baby." I rocked her a little and she opened her eyes.

"Sweepy." She said and closed her eyes again.

"There is a present for you. But you need to wake up." At the mention of present both eyes opened and she popped up from her bed with her arms outstretched to me. I laughed and lifed her up. I sat her on the roxking chair in the corner and went to her dresser to grab a lilac dress that had yellow flowers on it.

"Pretty!" She shrieked and ran over and hugged my legs. I knelt down and changed her into the dress.

"Are you hungry?" I questioned taking her hand and leading her into the living room.

"Mommy, present." She complaines with a sad little face.

"Okay." I said and led her over to the couch. I pulled the box over and removed the tape from it so Lena could open it and find out what Vince had gotten her. It was a doll that resembled Lena, inside there was also more clothes for it, a mini bed, and a birth certificate.

I looked at Lena and seen her face light up with delight.

"Mommy! She looks like me!" I laughed and nodded my head.

"You play and mommies going to go make breakfest, okay." She didnt need to be told twice so I headed into the kitchen and began to take out the eggs and bacon. As I was setting the eggs onto the counter I saw the envelope and box. Curious I picked them up and seen my name written on both in black sharpie. I opened the envelope first and pulled out a bunch of papers. At the bottom of the envelope was a smaller paper with a message written in pen on it. I read that first.

It read: Dear Nic, if you refuse to accept what I offer you willingly i'll take if by force. There are two options for you to choose from. You can either marry me and both Lena and you can come live with me. Thats the nicer of the two options in my opinion. Or if you decide not to accept that offer I will be taking my daughter away from you and you will NEVER see her again. Im tired of waiting for you to return to me Nic. I love you and Lena. I hope you choose well. Also the papers with this note are just a few exampls of how I can and will gain custody of Lena. You have a day to decide. And dont even think about leaving. I'll know if you do. And id think it best you dont involve Damon. That wouldnt turn out well for him. 

Love Vince.

I dropped all the papers. And starting to tremble. What was I going to do? He had me trapped. I believed every threat the letter held. He'd made an impossible for me to refuse his proposal of marriage. I wouldnt involve Damon. I couldnt knowingly put him in danger. There was only one option, I had to go to Vince's. I could sacrifice my love for Damom for my love of Lena. And who knows I could either figure a way out or I might fall in love with Vince. I understood his desire for both Lena and I to be with him. I just wish he hadnt of been such an ass about acomplishing his task.

I cried as I opened the box already knowing what would be in it. A beautiful engagement ring. If I wasnt so depressed by the whole scenario I might have been in awe by how beautiful it was. I put the ring on my finger. Hating how it felt. I put the food back and made Lena a bowl of cereal instead. I no longer was hungrh and instead went to go pack. We would be gone tomorrow.

The day passed by in a blur. I ignored all my calls. Didnt open my door and packed up most of Lena's and my stuff. Mostly our clothes, her toys, and other things I found important. Lena insisted on keeping her doll from Vince out and unpacked. I asked my elderly neighbor to keep an eye on Lena while a brought all the boxes down to my car. She was shocked to find out I was leaving so suddenly and soon. And so was I. This wasnt what I had wanted. But I couldnt change that. When I was finished I thanked her for looking after Lena. She seemed sad by my leaving. It was almost midnight and both Lena and I were still awake. I carried her down stairs and placed her in her car seat. Id left Damon a note knowing he'd soon brea km kn anyway to find me. I sent him a quick text before heading to Vinces.

'I love you. And im sorry.' I turned my phone off after that and headed to Vinces. To mad to even cry.