It's you, Yato

[The moment Bishamon fired the shot]

[Yato's P.O.V]

I didn't know what else to do in that moment. [Y/N] was going to be killed right before my eyes. Without hesitation, I cut my ties with her, causing her to lose consciousness as her memories disappeared. It deeply pained me to lose her, but I know she'd rather have a life without me than no life at all. Luckily, Bishamon was convinced she had killed her. After the shot was fired, she turned back to look at me, hatred and disgust encompassing her features.

"I killed her and you're not even upset! You're a heartless psycho!".

"Says the one who just killed an innocent girl".

And with that, I knew she'd aim her guns at me, so I ran out the door before anymore damage could be done to [Y/N]'s house. Bishamon followed me downtown atop her lion in leaps and bounds. I didn't bother summoning Sekki, this fight wasn't going to last long.

I landed down in an alleyway between two high rises. I panted heavily and attempted to steady my breathing as I hid between dumpsters. My eyes slowly looked up towards the sky, the lion's silhouette appearing at the top of the building. I knew one of her regalia gave her directions and pin pointed targets, but for some reason, they failed to find me and turned away, disappearing over the buildings.

I leaned against the steel dumpster, resting my wrist against my forehead. I closed my eyes, listening to the cars and foot traffic.

I have to make her remember me again...

...

[Your P.O.V]

You browsed the phone cases while the employee looked through your phone for any traces of hacking. It made you uneasy that someone was looking through your phone so thoroughly, so you deleted some more... private matters beforehand. Hiyori gasped and pointed at a Capypa case, "Isn't that one cute, [Y/N]?". You shrugged, "It's cute, but I'm not much of a Capypa Land fan". You looked at the case for a moment longer, then averted your gaze to other cases.

Hiyori watched you in disappointment, she guessed it wouldn't be that easy for you to remember. She became silent, following your gaze to other cases.

She would probably have to see Yato for herself in order to remember them

The employee returned a few minutes later and handed your phone to you. "There hasn't been any hacking or trouble with this phone. You must have taken those yourself, they don't trace back anywhere". You sighed and nodded, "Okay, thank you anyway". You paid at the register and left the store with Hiyori.

"Hey [Y/N], wanna go get some fro-yo?". You smiled, "Sure, why not?". You walked to the shop with her, but you couldn't shake the feeling of being watched. Occasionally, you glanced over your shoulder, but everyone seemed to be minding their own business.

I'm just being paranoid, those photos are still bothering me. What if I was in some kind of accident and got amnesia?.... No, someone would tell me what happened if I did lose my memory.

As you walked along the street, Hiyori pointed at some graffiti. "Have you heard of them, [Y/N]?".

Delivery god Yato?

You shook your head, "No, why?". Hiyori rubbed her arm awkwardly, "No reason, I just always seem to see that graffiti everywhere and wondered if you knew anything about it". You shook your head again. Oddly enough, Hiyori seemed disappointed from your response.

What's the matter with her? She's seems off today.

✂️✂️✂️

"Is something wrong, Hiyori?". She quickly shook her head with a smile, "No, of course not! Why do you ask?". You shrugged "You just seem- Ah!". A strong hand gripped your shoulder and pulled you into a nearby alleyway. Hiyori quickly followed behind you, "[Y/N]!" She yelled. Your captor held you tightly around your waist with their face buried in the back of your neck. "Yato!", you cried, squirming in their grip. "Let me go!"

Wait.... Yato? How did I know his name? Hold up...

Your turn around to face Yato and held his face between your hands, both his and your eyes widening.

The weirdo from the photos!

"Who are you?! And why are you-!". He captured your lips in an abrupt kiss. A hot blush seeped across your faces before you pushed him away. You held the the golden necklace around your neck tightly as a security blanket.

His looks, his scent, his touch... it's all so familiar.

"Yato... what's wrong with you?!". Yato looked away shamefully, "Sorry". "'Sorry' isn't enough, how could you cut your ties with me?!".

The stray god looked up at you with his brilliant blue eyes. "What? You remember who I am?"

"Of course! It's you, Yato!".