We win, Yato

Tonight was the night of all nights. Friendships will be put on the brink of destruction, tempers will flare and bring upon death to the unlucky. The darkest parts of everyone's being is revealed.

Game night.

This is no typical, checkers and monopoly kind of game night. This was life or death.

Everyone was gathered around a table, everyone meaning you, Yato, Yukine, Kofuku, Daikoku, and Hiyori. Right now, it was Yato's turn to choose the next game. He remained silent, eerily staring at everyone around the kotatsu. You saw him take in a breath.

"THE FLOOR IS LAVA!"

Immediately, everyone leaped off their feet. Kofuku jumped onto Daikoku's shoulders, who wasn't amused by the game and stayed seated. You, Yukine, Hiyori, and Yato crawled onto the table since it was the nearest safe spot. There was no way four people could fit on the table at once, so many had to be sacrificed.

Hiyori tried to knock you off with her kung fu roundhouse kick, but you quickly ducked and she wiped out Yukine instead. Yukine cried out and rolled onto the wooden floor with several thumps. "H-Hiyoriiii! I'll haunt you forever!!". And thus, he laid limp on the floor with his tongue hanging out.

"Hiyori how could you?!" Yato cried. "I'm not losing this time!" She retorted. Hiyori grabbed Yato's arm and threw him over her shoulder and onto the floor.

His back made a harsh 'thump' to the ground. "[Y-Y/N]" he rasped, laying on his stomach to look up at you. You reached out and grabbed his hands. "Don't let go". "I'll never let go!" You replied, squeezing his hands tighter. Slowly, he fell limp.

"YATOOOOO!"

When you turned to face Hiyori, a foot met your waist and knocked you off the table. Lucky, you landed on Yato's back as he let out a grunt. "Oww" you both whimpered. You stood up on his back and threw your arms in the air.

"Ha! In your face! I'm alive!!"

"Not really. Yato's melted in the lava so now you're in the lava", Hiyori said as a matter of fact. You blinked a few times the laid down on Yato's back, slowly accepting your fate. Hiyori laughed, "Better luck next time everyone!".

"But what about me Hiyoriin?". Kofuku had her arms and legs tightly wrapped around Daikoku's head and neck.

"You win too, Kofuku!".

Your head shot up, "WHAT?!? She's on someone who's touching the floor too!". Yato giggled below you as Hiyori waved you off with a smile, "Enough with the technicalities [Y/N], it's just a silly game". Your jaw dropped.

"THATS IT! NEW GAME!"

...

The gun clicked softly in your hands. You were willing to shoot anything that moved, but you had to preserve your precious ammunition. "[Y/N]... are you sure this is a good idea?". You mumbled quietly, "As long as we're near the shrine, we'll be fine," you clicked your gun again, "It's time for revenge".

You leaned against a tree with Yato by your side, all eyes and ears searching for movement. You wiped some dirt off your cheek, smearing your eye black. "Yato, I-", Yato interrupted you by placing his hand on top of your head and bringing you both into a crouch.

Short spurts of water shot by above your heads. "Yatty~! I can see you!". A giggle broke the silence of the trees. Yato looked into your eyes and whispered, "We should run". You nodded, "Moving targets". You and Yato stood up and unintentionally dashed off in different directions. Maybe you should have planned out which way to go beforehand, but it was too late to turn back now. You ran just out of Kofuku's firing range and looked over your shoulder. In the darkness, you could barely see her pink curls.

You couldn't tell what direction she was facing, but you took a gamble. Running towards her, you fired your water gun over and over until you heard a high squeal.

"[Y-N]-channn!! You got meee". You laughed and approached her closer. "Sorry Kofuku, that's how it's played. Hey, where's-". The sound of footsteps alerted you and you quickly turned around. You started firing your water gun to wipe out another opponent.

"Seriously?! I said I wasn't participating!".

You smile sheepishly, "Oh, heh, there you are, Daikoku". Yato heard your voice amongst the commotion and approached the group cautiously until your frame appeared through the trees. All three heads turned in the direction of Yato's unskillful footsteps.

You exchanged glances with Yato then grabbed his wrist and ran off in the same direction this time. When you could no longer see Kofuku and Daikoku, you both let out the laughs you've been holding in.

Yato laughed and placed his hand on your shoulder, "You got him good! Looks like he pissed himself!". Your laughter died out eventually, but Yato couldn't control himself. His laugh echoed in the forest as you tried to silence. "Okay Yato shut up! Someone's gonna hear you!". A voice spoke from behind Yato.

"Too late".

Yukine!

You ducked behind Yato, using him as a human shield and running off to preserve your team. "Sorry Yato-chan! I'll make it up to you!". You waved at him then continued running away from Yukine and Hiyori. You heard Yato yelling at Yukine as you left, overhearing something about "betraying his master".

You panted and came to a halt to catch your breath. You leaned your back against a tree with your gun held tightly to your chest. "Two against one, I hope I can do this".

...

No, you couldn't do it. Ultimately, Hiyori shot you in a sneak attack and led to another one of her victories tonight. No one held any hard feelings, well, except for Yato who sulked on the front steps of the shop. You quietly walked up to him and sat down beside the god.

"I really wanted to win..." he muttered, "and my own Regalia shot me down. You left me in the dust too [Y/N]". You twirled a piece of his raven hair in your finger, "It's just a game, Yato. Everyone wants to win". He smirked and turned towards you. "Look who's talking". You rolled your eyes and flicked his cheek.

Yato lifted his hand and rubbed the area you flicked. "So, how are you gonna repay me for being your human shield?". You played with your fingers on your lap. "Umm.."

"You know, you can pay the price in bed with me~".

You swore you felt steam rising from your face. "HELL NO!!" You screeched, slapping him across the face and sending chibi Yato flying into the dirt. You wanted to scream 'hell yeah', but the last thing you needed was a pervy Yato on your tail until 'it' actually happened.

Yato sat up and rubbed his sore cheek, "Guess who owes me two nights of fun, [Y/N]-chan~!".

You rolled your eyes. Although you lost, you never felt more like a winner by Yato's side.