Who are you, Yato?

"Hmm... bread and butter pickle..
...
Doritos, cool ranch flavor...
...
And..."

Yato smacked his lips a few times, "Hummus!". You laughed clapped loudly, "You got them all!". Yato pulled off his blindfold, grinning, "Beat that [Y/N]". You took the blindfold from him and ushered him off the chair, "Four items, no redos", you stated, determined to beat his record of three. Yato smirked, rubbing his hands together with an evil glint in his eyes. "Hehehe take a seat [Y/N]...". You rolled your eyes playfully and sat in the chair, allowing Yato to tie the blindfold behind your head.

Soon, you heard some crashes, clanking, thumping, all sorts of noises as Yato prepared his food concoction. You tapped your fingers on your leg as you waited.

"Yato are you done yet?". "Not yet, my dear!" he called out from the fridge. You cringed as you heard some gurgling sounds. "Ugh Yato what is that?".

You could hear the sneaky smile on his face as he spoke. "You'll find out, now open up [Y/N]-chan~". You sighed and hesitantly opened your mouth. The god gently placed a spoon in your mouth. A searing, fiery sensation overwhelmed your tastebuds as you squinted your eyes in pain. You quickly covered your mouth, but the mystery mix was ultimately projected out of your mouth and dribbled down your chin onto your lap. You ripped off the blindfold and coughed loudly.

"BLEGH! YATO!"

You felt your mouth grow numb as you spat the rest of the fiery sauce into the sink, Yato laughing hysterically behind you. "AHAHAHA! YOU SHOULD HAVE SEEN YOUR FACE!".

He clutched his stomach while he laughed, desperately holding onto the counter beside him

He clutched his stomach while he laughed, desperately holding onto the counter beside him. You chugged the milk straight from the carton then shoved a few pieces of bread in your mouth in an attempt to soothe the hellfire on your gums. You breathed heavily, using all your willpower not to kick your boyfriend in the scrotum. Your eyebrows furrowed together as you pouted, "Yato! That was mean!". You wiped the corner of your mouth on your sleeve. Yato chuckled and wrapped his arms around you.

"Aww, let me kiss your boo boo better~". He leaned in to kiss your lips but kisses your cheek instead when you turned your head away from him. "No kiss! Clean this up while I go shower". Now it was Yato's turn to pout, "Aw but [Y/N]-chaan!". You wriggled out of his grip and left the kitchen. Yato eyed you as you walked away, a smirk plastered on his face. "You're too easy, [Y/N]".

Yato grabbed a wet cloth and knelt down to wipe the floor. Moments later, while he scrubbed the tile, a familiar presence appeared in the room.

"Bishamon", he muttered, "Get away from here"

"You mean her" the blonde replied, twirling her gun around her finger.

Yato froze in place, his hand still clutching the damp towel. "Bishamon-". "You love her, don't you?". Yato slowly stood up and placed the cloth in the sink. "You need to leave before she sees you", he ignored her question. "Hiyori is already pushing the limits with you. You won't cut your ties with her and yet you bring another human into your life?!". Before Yato could summon Sekki, Bishamon held her gun to his chest with a soft click. "You killed everything I loved...".

Suddenly, you appeared from the hallway after your shower. Your eyes widened as you watched the scene unfold before you. Tears welled up in your eyes, you couldn't watch Yato die at the hands of anyone.

"Y-Yato?".

The blonde's gun quickly aimed in your direction, "It's time I share that same heartbreak with you!".

You didn't move a muscle, and yet, when the shot was fired, you had fallen back onto the floor into a strange, pain free, unconsciousness. In the smallest slice of time, everyone had made their move. Yato swiped his arm out in front of you, the unknown god pulled the trigger, and you collapsed. In the midst of the darkness that surrounded you, thoughts clicked in and out of your mind.

📱📱📱

Did she shoot me?... Was I shot?... Shot? Why am I thinking about being shot?... Something just happened.... No, nothing happened..... Is it morning yet?

The high pitched chirping of birds in the tree outside your window answered your question. You slowly opened your eyes, rubbing your forehead.

I guess I had a late night.

You yawned softly and grabbed your phone off the bedside table. You blinked in confusion as the lock screen appeared. "Huh? Who's that?". It was a photo of you and an attractive guy, smiling together. "Ugh, is my phone hacked again?". You looked through the apps for any signs of trouble. But with every tap, swipe, and scroll, you found more photos of the man.

"Shopping... Fro-yo... Game night... He's even in my bed! Who are these people?!". You had hundreds of photos with strangers. There's cat guy, chicken nugget boy, and oh yeah! Hiyori. "Hiyori knows these people? I need to call her". Quickly, you dialed her number and waited for her to pick up. When the tone clicked, words flooded out of your mouth.

"Hiyori! Do you know an edgy cat guy and chicken nugget kid?!".

"Huh? What are you talking about [Y/N]?", her voice wavered slightly.

"I have all these pictures with people I don't even know. Do you know who they are?".

Hiyori fell silent.

"Uh Hiyori?".

"Oh! Sorry, um, I think your phone got hacked again [Y/N], you should get a new one!" She replied with a little too much excitement.

You sighed, "I can't believe I have to buy another phone. I'll just delete these photos so they don't take up anymore space".

"No! Don't do that!". You jumped at her sudden outburst.

"Why not?".

"Uh, um, maybe they can help us trace the hacker!".

You shrugged, "Alright, whatever. Wanna come with me to the store?".

"Yes! I'll meet you there!". She hung up before you could reply. A soft sigh left your lips as you tossed your phone down on your bed.

Who are these people?