Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight

It has been three weeks now and I am due to leave the hospital today to go to a rehabilitation centre where they will help me strengthen the top half of my body. Damon kicked up a fuss about it at first, as he wanted me to go home with him so he could look after me. However, after a lot of thought, I knew it would be too much for him to handle, as he had his hands full with Destiny alone without me adding to it. As much as I missed them both, I knew deep down it was the right dissension I made.

Things haven’t been easy to say the least, but every new day brings me a new lease of strength. I have gotten full use of my arms back even though they are still in casts from my wrists to my elbows, but that’s about it. I haven’t heard about what’s happening with my family yet and any time I ask, everyone just ignores me or changes the subject. It’s not like I’m worried about them or anything like that, its just I need to know that they are locked up somewhere safe away from all of us. Every night I seem to have the same nightmare, the one from when they kidnapped me. I wish they would just put my mind at ease and tell me where they are.

 I’m sitting in my wheel chair by the window like I do every day.  I watched the children as they run around laughing along with their parents, in the park across the road. Every single day it hits me hard like a bullet, at the thought of never being able to do that with Destiny. It hurt so much, but every time I started to think of the things that I will never be able to do again with Damon and our princess killed me. I knew Damon was strong and he loved me with everything in him, but was it going to be enough, I thought to myself.

The door to my room opened breaking me from my depressing thoughts and replacing it with the biggest smile as I held my arms out for my baby. Without any hesitation, Damon placed Destiny into my open arms and placed a welcoming, much needed kiss onto my lips. Staring down excitedly at having our princess in my arms always, overwhelmed me. Damon always laughs at me when he sees my tears of happiness as every day it’s the same. “Destiny your growing so quickly please slow down” I told her while giggling, she has got so podgy, it makes me laugh.” Well I guess your daddy has been feeding you well” I could hear Damon laugh at me as he looked out the window. Seeing the expression on his face, I knew he was thinking exactly what I was thinking only moments ago. I reached out to him with my free hand and entwined our fingers making him look down at me. “I know what your thinking Damon but I am never going to give up. I promise you I am going to do every thing I can to walk again.” He gave me a slight nod with a smile. However, the smile never reached his eyes and although it saddened me to see him so distraught  I did everything not to let it show, as knowing that would only make he feel even worse. Destiny broke our tensed moment by starting to cry, although I hated to see her cry it sounded so cute. Damon went running across the room grabbing her bag and getting her bottle out. I couldn’t hold in the laughter as I watched him, he looked so funny as he was running like it was some kind of emergency. “What?” Damon asked while looking at me strangely, I couldn’t stop laughing, as his face looked so cute just like our daughters.

 After I managed to calm myself down a little, I asked “Damon do you run around after her like that at home?”  He was looking at me like I was gone mad, but nodded his head.” I don’t like her crying it saddens me”. He admitted looking close to tears, as Destiny continued to cry. Motioning him to come over to me, he came straight over and knelt down beside me. “Damon baby it is healthy to let her cry every now and again love, please don’t worry so much you are doing amazing at raising our princess.” As I told him, his eyes held that lovely sparkle that I have missed so much. Leaning in he handed me the bottle and then he shocked the hell out of me by placing his hand under my top caressing my stomach. This was the first time he had physically touched my skin since I was paralyzed and to say it felt good was an understatement. My back arched against his touch, I could feel the pleasure building up within me shocking the hell out of me. Damon stopped touching me looking just as shocked as me. The shock I was feeling quickly changed into excitement “Damon I moved my back, did you see it? Damon did you?” I asked feeling ecstatic. I was becoming so overexcited that I wanted to try and move more. Damon’s face was a picture his mouth was hanging open and he had tears in his eyes as he watched me moving my body. It wasn’t moving much, but the little bit that It moved was more than I could ever of asked for. Cherelle and Lee walked into our room and stood frozen as soon as they seen me. Watching as the two of their face mirrored mine and Damon’s had me giggling “Cherelle, Lee look can you see me moving, I’m doing it look” I screamed out all excited. I kept moving as it thrilled me to bits. The feeling was amazing it did hurt a bit but I didn’t care I just shoved it aside. The amazing dreams that I have been having were coming true, it was happening. Some nights I would dream of walking and running about like I used too. I know I wouldn’t be there for a while but hey, this was the start for me. Everyone started to clap and scream well except from Cherelle, she was jumping up and down while crying hysterically. My heart was racing against my chest, as Damon wrapped his arms around me and our baby, he began laughing and crying in pure happiness. Destiny even stopped crying it was as if she was smiling. Nevertheless, knowing it was probably only wind didn’t bother me, because just seeing the cutest little smile ever on her face melted my heart. No words at all could describe how I was feeling right now it was just so overwhelming.