x. Epilogue: Family Ties

3 WEEKS LATER

3 WEEKS LATER

      Damian wielded his sword having it glide through the air, while he blocked another attack on him. The masked fiend moved with grace as their sword collided with Damian's in a violent manner.

      The masked fiend managed to take the opportunity to knock Damian to his feet and hold the point of their sword at their throat.

      Damian grew annoyed and groaned, "Alright, alright. You beat me again, mother."

      Damian watched his mother remove the mask from her face. She grinned at the boy and said, "You almost had me that time, my son. Training with your father has been doing you well I see."

      Talia tucked away her sword, giving Damian the opportunity to stand on his two feet. They walked away from the square of cement they were practicing on and walked towards the garden.

      For the past three weeks, Talia had been living with Bruce and Damian at Wayne Mansion. She trained with them, ate with them and even, attended business meetings with Bruce.

      Talia walked with her hands behind her back, alongside her son. She sighed and said, "My son, you do realize that I must return home soon."

      Damian furrowed his eyebrows, "This is home."

      "I mean Nanda Parbat, Damian," Talia clarified. Damian bowers his head in sadness, "I see. When will you be leaving?"

      Talia glanced towards the mansion to see Bruce looking at the mother and son through the window of his office. She met his eyes but rapidly looked away.

      "I believe tomorrow night," Talia relied to her son. Damian's eyes sparked with an idea, "So that gives us tonight. We will host a ball, in your honor."

      Talia laughed, "Damian, no. Your father would not approve and I don't believe these people honor the same things I do."

      "Nonsense! And with a little persuasion, I'm sure father would have no problem agreeing," Damian smirked. Talia rolled her eyes at her son's idea.

      The two walked back towards the mansion. Damian had run to his father' office. Talia sighed and walked to the room she was occupying. She opened the trunk of items open and finished putting her clothes away.

      She was close to finishing when a soft knock interrupted her. Talia walked towards the door and opened it to find Bruce.

      "Bruce," Talia greeted her former lover. Bruce nodded in return and said, "Talia, Damian just informed me of your departure. He wishes to through a gala for you. Now, you understand why we can't honor you at it because of your affiliations of course, but there is no reason not to have one. It will commence at eight o'clock. Formal attire is to be expected."