Prologue

❝The Demon's Heir, are you?❞

The Demon's Heir, are you?

✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

FROM A YOUNG AGE, Talia al Ghul was taught to be heartless. Her father was known as the Demon's Head, leader of the League of Assasin's and known as one of the world's most notorious villains - Ra's al Ghul.

For years, Talia had been trained to the very extreme, learning every style of armed and unarmed combat there was to become a malicious assassin just like her father. She was the best there was. Until, she received one mission: to kill Amanda Waller, the head of an association named A.R.G.U.S. She hadn't known the mission had been given to her by one of Waller's own men, until she arrived on sight ready to exterminate her target, when everything changed.

To the large majority, it was unknown why the Talia al Ghul had let herself be detained by the woman. Amanda Waller had later placed her in the same facility she kept many others - Belle Reve. When Talia questioned why she had so many villains imprisoned, Waller simply responded: "I'm saving up for a rainy day."

After being locked up, Talia spent most of her days sitting in her cell, being able to hear the taunts of guards, who toyed with a man named Deadshot, while the cynical laughter of Harley Quinn echoed through the halls. She would occasionally feel the heat of fire from a man named El Diablo and hear the water splashing from a cell belonging to Killer Croc. Talia did nothing but count the days until she was released, hopeful that the day would soon come.

Even if she wanted to, Talia knew she couldn't escape; otherwise, they would hurt him. So, she counted away her days until that rainy day eventually came.