ix. May We Meet Again

As they arrived back at A

As they arrived back at A.R.G.U.S., Rick walked towards Talia, who was waiting beside the others to be taken back to Belle Reve.

"Hey, Talia," Rick said to her. He grabbed her arm and led her away from the others.

"I just wanted to say that we couldn't have done what we did without you, so thank you," Rick said to her. Talia tilted her head, "Is that all?"

"Something else you want?" Rick asked her. Talia shook her head, "No. Actually, I don't need anything-"

Rick grabbed the side of her face and connected their lips. Talia was shocked but decided to kiss back, nonetheless. Rick placed his other hand on her waist while her hands rested in his chest.

Deadshot nudged Harley and said, "That'll be twenty bucks."

Harley pouted and giggled, "Fine! But I was really close!"

Talia pulled away from Rick and breathed out slowly. Rick laughed and rested his forehead against hers, "Well that was something."

"Yeah, something," Talia agreed. Rick smiled, "And for the record, doing this for Damian was admirable. But I have one question. Why did you let him live with his father?"

"Love is sacrifice. I wanted him to be happy, and he is... with his father," Talia honestly replied to him. Rick nodded, "Well, he is lucky to have you as a mother."

"Well, he wouldn't be the assassin he is today if it weren't for me," Talia smirked and ran a hand through her greasy, dirty, rain-soaked hair.

Rick smiled but it fell when Amanda walked back into the room. She glanced around the room and called out for Talia, "C'mon, al Ghul. Time to go."

Talia glanced up at Rick and slowly said, "May we meet again."

He nodded and breathed out, "May we meet again."

With that, the two departed. Rick gradually let her go and gazed at her until she was out of sight.

Talia followed after the others but was stopped by Amanda before she could exit the building. "Actually, Miss al Ghul, you will be heading some place else."

"What are you talking about?" Talia curiously questioned. Waller smirked, "Well, as it turns out, you're going home."

✰✰✰✰

Talia was taken to a room in A.R.G.U.S. that resembled a hotel room. She bathed and changed into casual attire before walking out to see a trunk of her items outside the door. She placed the armor she had worn in the trunk and had two men carry it out to a vehicle waiting for her. Waller waited at the exit for her.