viii. Cutting Hearts

Talia held a grim expression as she looked down at the place Diablo sacrificed himself before turning her attention back to the witch

"You next," Deadshot spat at Enchantress as he turned to her. She simply smirked, "My spell is complete. Once you and armies are gone, my darkness will spread across this world. And it would be mine to rule."

Enchantress faced away from them and added more power to her mystical device. Rain had begun to fall once again upon the group of villains, led by the American soldier.

"You got a move here, Flag?" Deadshot asked Rick. He yelled back, "We gotta cut her heart out!"

A figure appeared beside Talia and knocked her down. She grunted and stood up. She swung her katana, landing a few cuts on the witch but it was as if she was fighting pure air.

With one last hit from Talia, she disappeared.

"While we're fighting that thing is laying waste to the whole damn world!" Rick said to the group. "Where is she?"

"I don't know," Harley replied back to him. Talia glanced around in search of the demonic witch.

"Hey. Look out, look out!" Rick said to them. Talia glanced up to see the witch attacking her from above. She dodged the attack and swung her katana across the witch's chest. Talia was resilient as she fought Enchantress. She kept attacking and never backed down, especially when the witch landed her own cuts on the assassin. Eventually, the witch disappeared.

"Enough!" She cried out and used her magic to rip away their weapons from their hand. "Of all who have faced me, you have earned mercy. For the last time, join me or die."

"I'm not much of a joiner, but maybe we should!" Harley said to the villains. Talia rose an eyebrow at her suggestion. Deadshot attempted to convince her otherwise, "Hey, she's trying to take over the world."

"So? What's the world ever done for us anyway? It hates us!" Harley argued with him. She walked away from him and towards the witch.

"Hey, Harley!" Deadshot yelled at her.

Harley approached Enchantress and said to her, "Hey, lady? I lost my Puddin'. But you can get him back, right?"

"I can, my dear. Anything you want," Enchantress said to her. Harley titled her head, "You promise?"

"Yes, child. You need only bow and serve beneath my feet," Enchantress replied to her and walked towards her until she stood directly in front of her.

"I like what youre sellin' lady. Theres only one teeny problem," Harley said and slowly kneeled in front of her. Talia noticed her move her hand towards her katana and grab it as Harley said, "You messed with my friends."

"Her hearts out! We can end this," Rick said to Deadshot and Talia. Rick pulled out another bomb and yelled out, "Hey, Croc!"

"Harley!" Deadshot said to her. Harley bent down and grabbed a gun from the ground before throwing it towards him.

Deadshot aimed and shot, hitting his target and ending Enchantress' mystical device.

"That was a great shot man!" Rick said and pulled Deadshot into a hug.

"Hey, I don't do hugs. I'm not a hugger. I'm not a hugger. All right?" Deadshot replied to him. Talia appeared amused at his response to Rick's embrace. Rick grinned at Talia to which she softly smiled back.

Enchantress grove led at Katana's feet. The Japanese warrior wielded her weapon to kill the witch but was stopped by Rick. "Katana, no!"

"Give me that," Rick grabbed her heart from Boomerang's hand. He held it out to Enchantress and said, "You bring June back. You bring her back."

"She's not coming back," Enchantress replied to him. Rick narrowed his eyes, "I'll crush this. Do you hear me? You bring June back or I'll crush this!"

"Go ahead. You don't have the balls," Enchantress said to him. Rick crushed the heart in his hands and watched as the witch fell limp. Rick stood up and turned to walk away.

"Hey, Rick," Talia called to him. June woke up and removed the mask that covered her face. Rick turned around and ran to embrace her, "June!"

June embraced Rick and whispered, "She's gone."

"I thought I killed you," Rick said to her. June laughed, "I thought I killed you."

The two simply stared at one another before Rick let her go. June smiled, "Thank you for saving me."

"Y'all don't mind, I got me a sewer to crawl back into," Croc announced to the group. Deadshot agreed and said, "Yeah, and I got some business to handle back in Gotham."

"I'm going to hotwire a car, need a ride?" Harley asked the hitman. Deadshot laughed, "Your ass is not driving."

"Why not?" Harley whined.

Talia remained unmoved. She sighed and walked away, planning out how she was going to find Damian. Talia didn't believe Bruce even knew his son was missing. After all, he was suppose to be spending time with his mother and grandfather but had been taken by Amanda before he had even arrived.

Talia's last resort was going to Bruce for help, since he did have more than one way of finding him.

As she walked behind Deadshot and Harley, Amanda appeared in front of them holding the same device that was connected to their nanonites.

"How are you not dead?" Deadshot questioned the woman in disbelief. Harley scoffed, "We just saved the world. A "thank you" would be nice."

"Thank you," Waller caustically said to her. Harley smiled and said, "You're welcome."

"So, we did all of this and we don't get shit?" Deadshot asked her. Waller nodded, "Ten years off you prison sentences."

"Nah. that's not enough," Deadshot stated and declared, "I'm seeing my daughter."

"That can be arranged," Waller said to him. "Any other requests?"

"I want my son to be with his father," Talia said to Waller with a hiss in her tone. She smirked, "Done. I actually have a meeting with him sometime next week. You can come along. Anything else?"

"An espresso machine!" Harley said. Croc nodded and said, "BET."

"Ten years off a triple life sentence?" Boomerang scoffed and walked towards Waller. "Darling, I'm walking out of here a free man or we're to start having some real fun."

"Why don't have some fun?" Waller challenged him. Boomerang's ego quickly diminished.

"Is that all?" Waller asked the group. No one replied. "Wonderful, let's go."

Talia followed after the women. She looked over her shoulder to see Rick already staring at her. She faced forward and ignored his stares while leaving the ruins of Midway City behind her.