Literal Computer Crash

Heya, I found this chapter while I was doing my proof reading which for some obscure reason I never uploaded, so I'm gonna put it in now

Hannah's POV

I reached the hall minutes later and looked at the mess I'd made. The remains of the shattered window coated the floor and the computer itself had cracked down the centre of it's screen. That's what I'd been hoping for, though not perfect.

With a grunt of effort I lifted it up and carried it out of the hall. It was heavier than a monitor normally would be, and I had to stop twice on my journey up the stairs.

My destination was the IT room, and when I reached it I put the monitor down and took off my blazer and wrapped it around my hand, as a protective glove.

With my hand safe I pushed the remaining glass in the frame which I'd thrown the monitor through. Each time I pushed a shard out there was a moment of silence as  it fell, a pause that seemed to last for far longer than the time it took for the glass to fall, which was followed by the sharp clash of the glass smashing on the ground.

I giggled, it sounded so pretty in the silent school.

Once I'd finished I was in hysterics at the sound of the shattered glass, and it took several minutes before I regained enough composure to put my blazer back on, pick up the monitor and drop it from the window.

I practically flew down the stairs in my excitement, and pushed open the door to the hall with my shoulder, only stopping when I saw what I'd wanted.

The screen was snapped in half, reviling what was inside the casing.

Solid plastic, the whole way through. No wires, no chips or whatever else a computer monitor should have in it.

So I was right, everything here was fake, and this was an elaborate what?

Cell? No, what's the point? Why not just a normal cell?

But what else?

I frowned and sweeped away the glass from a small section of the floor to sit on.

I sat legs crossed, elbows on my knees and hands holding up my chin, like I'd sat so often in assembly, my boredom seeming infinite. Now I wasn't bored, I was wrestling with this quandary. 

It felt like if I could just understand this then I'd be okay.

It didn't get dark, and though the sun was too high to see from the windows the shadows didn't move, so I had no way of measuring time past that later I felt tired and went back to my bedroom/the y11 common room pulled my blazer over my to block out the worst of the light and tried to sleep.