I Have No Tea! The Horror

Told ya I'd get it up quick

_______________________________________________________________

Hannah's POV

The ramp hit the ground silently and I peered out, ready to run in any direction.

It was my classroom. Where I had French.

What the actual hell?

I almost said the words aloud, but my astonishment hadn't completely erased my fear, and I didn’t dare make a sound.

Instead I peeked out, checking the whole classroom for anyone else, or any of the creatures. Nothing. I was alone.

I stepped out of my box and it shut immediately behind me, cutting off my exit. If you can call an empty box that ends in a dead end an exit, which you probably can't.

I slipped out of my noisy shoes and carried them around, creeping along in my socks. I'd never noticed how scratchy and cheep it was until now, never walked on it without my shoes until now.

I knew the door was noisy, it didn't creak, but the handily rattled if you used it, so I gently pushed the door and was grateful when it opened, silently.

I peered into the corridor, still no one. I was starting to freak out. I don't care what horror movies you've been to, there is nothing creepier than a completely empty and silent school. Even after school there's always a few teachers or pupils hanging around, never completely empty like this.

School had always been safe, I mean I was scared of bullies, and tests and stuff like that, but I'd never been afraid of it like this, like at any second something might step out of the shadows behind me.

Every step I took sounded louder, and sometimes I thought I heard something. Whenever that happened I pressed my back to the wall and checked the corridor, before holding my breath, but every time I couldn't hear anything over my own heartbeat.

I went round the whole school, nothing. Not. A. Thing. Not a single thing. No person, no animals, no creatures. NOTHING!

And for some reason that made it so much scarier. Give me something to fight, something to run from and I'd have been fine, but this silent nothing was so much worse.

I was sunny, and warm, same as the day I left, identical actually. As I wandered round the school I realised that the clocks were all showing the same time; 2.36. I'd never seen that before in the school clocks, even the one in the music teachers office showed the same time, and that one had no batteries in it, it had been saying that the time was 7,45 for weeks, except that now it wasn't.

There were other mistakes, one of the classroom widows had a distorted section, I found a long time ago when staring out in a Maths lesson. But now it didn't.

I tried to leave the building, but the doors wouldn't open. They wouldn't even move slightly, like doors normally do when they're locked.

I had to let people know I was here. But how?

I pulled out my phone, but it had no signal. It was also only half charged, and cursing my laziness in not putting it on to charge last night I switched it off to retain what I had for if I could ever use it.

There must be a way.

The school computers! They had Internet access, I could send an email! Tell people what was happening. YES! Then the army and MI5 and I don’t know who else would come and save me.

I jogged to the IT room, hope building in my chest like a bubble of helium, raising me up. We have epic IT rooms, not because they have amazing computers, they don't. They’re so amazing because the windows in them all face inwards, so from them you can see the hall, but from high up. There's always something happening in the hall, a drama lesson, practice for an assembly, even the school band, so you can just watch what’s going on down there instead of paying attention.

Today I didn't even bother to glance through it, I just sat down in front of a computer. But when tried to turn it on it remained stubbornly dead.

I tried the one next to it, dead too. They all were.

Frustrated and disappointed, tears pricking at my eyes, I did what I always do when I get stressed: I let rage take me over.

I stamped, I hit the wall, I screamed that it wasn't fair, I attacked the computers with my fists, and I picked up the screen from one, and chucked it out of the window, which shattered spraying glass everywhere and the computer landed with a loud crash in the hall below.

That was when the rage fizzled out, as it always does, leaving me feeling literally like an empty shell. Like I'm physically made from a brittle layer with nothing inside it. I just curled up in the corner, underneath a desk and sobbed again. Let all the monsters find me if it meant the end of this.

I regained my composure, after ten minutes or so, and I felt hungry. No monsters had come to find me even with the amount of noise I'd been making, so I decided it was probably safe to go to the canteen.

I helped myself to a sausage roll, then found a large knife and used it to smash open the drink vending machine so I could grab a bottle of sprite.

Vending machines are surprisingly robust, and it took twenty minutes of hard work to break into it, so I was all the more grateful for the drink when I got hold of the cool bottle.

I didn't really know what to do next, so I ended up taking a few bottles of sprite and another sausage roll

Once there I made myself a cup of tea from the stuff there, taking the tea bag from a container labelled 'Mandy and friends' and some milk from inside the fridge labelled 'Daniel and friends'.

I thought I might vaguely know Mandy as being short with dirty blond hair and Daniel was a friends older brother, but I didn't really know them, I didn't really care either, they couldn't exactly yell at me for nicking their tea and milk.

I also stole one of Mandy's biscuits and nibbled on it while I leaned on the work top waiting for the kettle to boil.

Ten minutes and three biscuits later I finally accepted that the kettle wasn't going to boil. Just like the computers, it wasn't working.

I bit the insides of my cheeks, trying not to cry again, silently cursing my weakness.

"Pull yourself together" I hissed to myself "Stop crying like a little girl, grow up." I tasted a trickle of blood from where I'd bitten through the skin on my right cheek, but I refused to relax my jaws till the desire to cry passed.

I managed to stop them from falling, and walked away, leaving the unmade cup of tea on the counter.