Part 6: Certificate

They’re already a long time couple now, but today, MoZhaTa suddenly remembers a suspicious point, “KO, how did you find out about my new home address at first?”

He even brought vegetables and other food ingredients up to his door early morning.

KO answers calmly, “I looked it up from the housing registration database.”

MoZhaTa, “……Can you not say it like, ‘I just went to search it up on Baidu,’ that kind of tone?…..” (Baidu: popular Chinese search engine)

In the middle of the night, MoZhaTa suddenly wakes up from his sleep and sits up on the bed.  He pants heavily, and KO is also woken up by the disturbance.  He sits up as well and embraces MoZhaTa while patting his back gently, “What’s wrong?”

“I had a nightmare,” MoZhaTa says wiping his sweat, “I dreamt that you hacked into the housing management bureau and changed the registration name to yours.  This is too scary.”

This is definitely a nightmare!  If KO is the one who owns the apartment, wouldn’t that mean he is living off of him?!  As a real man, would he have any dignity left?!

“Good thing that it was just a dream.”

MoZhaTa lets out a breath of relief.  He falls back down onto the bed with a thump and goes back to sleep.  He doesn’t notice that KO continues sitting up on the bed in the dark for a very long time after.

Ever since that day, something seems to be up with KO.  Then again, when he’s normal, he’s expressionless, and when he’s abnormal, he’s still expressionless.  And for someone who’s rather careless like MoZhaTa, it’s just impossible to notice any differences between the two.

The first thing that MoZhaTa notices is……

KO’s eggs are bigger than his.

MoZhaTa’s meals have been very healthy ever since KO moved in.  Breakfast is full of nutrition; an egg is a must.  Boiled eggs, fried eggs, syrup eggs, stir fried diced onions with eggs, and many more different kinds of eggs……

MoZhaTa has never been very into eating eggs, but KO says that eggs are a form of nourishment for his own “eggs.”  MoZhaTa feels that it makes perfect sense, so he eats them happily every day.

However, MoZhaTa has noticed that recently, his breakfast eggs have clearly been smaller than KO’s.  It’s fine if it’s only a day or two since it could be just a coincidence, but after a good few days, his eggs are always smaller!

MoZhaTa is furious!

It doesn’t matter whether the eggs are small or big, but the underlying message clearly indicates that he is being discriminated.  MoZhaTa can’t take it any longer!  Damn it!  Isn’t he hinting that his……is smaller?!  Therefore, he doesn’t need as much nourishment?!

But MoZhaTa cools down his temper in the end and holds the rage to himself.  After all, it’s unmanly to fight over the size of their eggs; it won’t hurt to let KO take the bigger ones.  Later when he goes to work, YuGong asks him secretively in the washroom, “Prince Mei, Prince Mei, could it be that you’re planning to buy another home?”

MoZhaTa is baffled, “What home?”

YuGong despises those who try to hide their wealth, “If we’re buddies, stop pretending.  I saw KO looking up resale homes on the internet yesterday.  Furthermore, when we were talking about the current market prices, KO was listening on the side.  Is that normal?  So stop pretending, okay?  It’s not like I’m asking you to treat me to a meal.”

MoZhaTa can’t help but feel suspicion.  He picks a time when KO is not around and hacks into his computer to see his browsing history.  There are indeed housing sites, and he has been on them for quite a long time.