The Desire for Revenge (Sequel to The Other Uchiha) (2)

THE DESIRE FOR REVENGE (SEQUEL TO THE OTHER UCHIHA)

CHAPTER 2

* * *

I let out a small sigh as I walked hand in hand with Kakashi down the busy streets of Konoha; we had just dropped Obito along with Kaori off at the Ninja Academy and dropped Sakumo and Shiro off at the Ninja Academy Daycare.  

All that could occupy my mind was the assumed coup d’état by the Hyuga’s almost two days prior.

Is this and could this be a repeat of the attempted Uchiha clan coup d’état? Could the Hyuga’s really be behind this? If so, then why? Do they wish to take over the Leaf? But I couldn’t see Hisashi trying to overtake the village, unless this is the doing of a Hyuga from the side branch family…

“Sonya, is something troubling you?” Kakashi asked snapping me out of my thoughts.

I had been in such deep thought that I hadn’t noticed him letting go of my hand and moving to stand in front of me with a worried expression in his eye.

I met his gaze to give him a small smile and say, “It’d be better not to talk about it here.”

“Home?” He asked.       

“Home.” I said in agreement with a little nod which he returned.

He then entwined our hands again as we then began to make our way home.

As we continued to walk we both remained in a comfortable silence and continued to just look around at the scenery, more specifically the Sakura trees seeing as they were now beginning to blossom, signaling that spring time had finally arrived.       

I smiled to myself and was about to comment on the Sakura trees until I had heard an all too familiar voice yelling Kakashi’s and my name, at this we both turned to see the all grown up Naruto running our way and waving to us.

“Hey Kakashi Sensei, Sonya Sensei, how’s it going?” Naruto asked with a grin on his face.

“Just fine, I see you finally returned from your mission, how was it?” I asked returning his grin with a smile of my own.

“Took a little longer than expected, but, now that I’m back I can finally enjoy a bowl of Ichiraku ramen.” Naruto exclaimed, while his grin grew wider.

“Still the same old Naruto.” Kakashi replied, while giving a closed eye smile to his former student.

Naruto let out a small laugh before continuing, “Ramen is ramen, nothing has changed there. Anyway, I have to report to Lady Tsunade, so I’ll see you around! Kakashi Sensei, Sonya Sensei!”

Naruto then began to jog off in the opposite direction and head for Lady Tsunade’s office.

“He sure has matured.” I said turning to Kakashi and smiling.

“Sure has, and to think he will become the next Hokage within the next few months.” Kakashi said proudly while returning my smile with his trademark closed eye smile.  

“Yeah, it’s-,” I began until I had heard Naruto shout out our names again, causing me to stop in mid-sentence and see him run up to us again.

“Naruto? Weren’t you supposed to report to Lady Tsunade’s office?” I asked puzzled that he could have reported on his mission to Lady Tsunade so quickly.

“Lady Tsunade wasn’t there, only some of her secretary was. I just dropped off my report and went off to look for Hinata, seeing as I promised to take her out when I got back from my mission. Have you two seen here anywhere?” Naruto asked.

 I then automatically looked at Kakashi, not knowing how I could tell Naruto that his girlfriend Hinata, along with the rest of her clan were being confined to their homes until the matter of a possible coup d’état by their clan was cleared. Kakashi then sighed and met my gaze before finally meeting Naruto’s, “Look Naruto, while you were away on your mission, the village had an encounter with some enemy. While in the midst of fighting I had managed to make contact with one of the enemy and crack their mask.”

“I don’t understand what this has to do with Hinata.” Naruto said with a slightly confused look on his face.

“Behind the mask, was a Hyuga.” Kakashi said.

“A Hyuga attacked the village?!” Naruto asked slightly in shock.

“That’s what it seems.” Kakashi stated.

“That’s impossible.” Naruto replied almost immediately.

“They had the Byakugan, there was no mistaking it.” Kakashi stated with an unwavering look in his eyes.

“I’m assuming the village has taken this as a coup d’état then?” Naruto asked seriously.

“That’s correct, for now the Hyuga’s are being confined to their homes until further investigations can be made.” Kakashi said.

“I see. I have to pay a visit to Lady Tsunade then, I’ll see you later Kakashi Sensei, Sonya Sensei.” Naruto said as he then disappeared in a blink of an eye, a cloud of smoke appearing in his place before Kakashi or I could say anything else.

“That went well.” I said while sighing as I leaned my head on Kakashi’s shoulder and we continued to make our way home.

“He would’ve found out sooner or later, you know.” Kakashi said as our house was now insight.

I didn’t say anything else for the remaining way, Kakashi and I just walked in complete silence, both of us just wanting to be at home.

* * *

“Lady Tsunade, how are they doing?” Shizune asked.

“Out of the fifteen people that were injured almost two days ago, thirteen out of the fifteen have recovered and have been approved to be sent home.” Lady Tsunade said through gritted teeth.

“Then what does this mean about the other two?” Shizune asked slightly confused but all the same worried.

Lady Tsunade then motioned Shizune out of the hospital room and closed the door before continuing on, “Apparently, both of their chakra connections have been completely severed. Meaning, their days as Shinobi, I’m afraid, are over.”

* * *

~Author’s Note~

Hey guys, I know I promised to try and not do too many author’s notes, but this is important. I am not going to have access to my laptop from 8/7/12 to 8/13/12 seeing as I am going to be visiting family out of state, so no updates for a week. But I thought I should give you guys something before I go so, enjoy chapter two of the new sequel (even though I left a major cliffhanger, because I’m evil like that XP). So vote and comment and tell me what you guys thought, especially now that you know Naruto is dating Hinata, and will become Hokage soon! XD (Sorry for you NaruSasu / NaruSaka lovers, but NARUHINA FOR THE WIN!) Anyway, thanks for reading and stay tuned for when I return and bring you chapter three of The Desire for Revenge!

-Alex1994