Chapter 19

With her arms crossed over her chest, Dara monitored the filming of the program that CEO Yang wanted the equipments from LDH to be used on. It was a variety program where newly debuted celebrities are invited and will be the main guests for a week.

And the program that Jessica Jung is working on.

She snuck a glance at Jessica who was standing by the main camera and watching the monitor. How can she still be so pretty after five hours of filming? She is more suited to be in front of the camera rather than behind it... and that mere realization made her feel suddenly so insecure that she very subtly checked herself in the mirror at the corner where the studio props were dumped on.

And felt satisfied that she isn't looking like some old hag that got lost in 21 TV. She cleared her throat and returned her attention on the filming. After her meeting with the AR department, CEO Yang had asked her to monitor the filming and check with the director on the list of equipments needed so they could verify the cost.

She didn't want to disrupt Jessica while she is concentrated on the job so she decided to wait until she called for a break.

The program had been a hit and reaching more than the expected ratings and most of the reviews stemmed from the quality of the recording. She have to admit that the video quality is really exceptional. She might not know anything about filming but as a viewer, she could say that the video quality is a lot more smooth, if that even made any sense.

She continued watching as Jessica called for a cut to re-shoot a certain scene and didn't noticed when someone entered the studio and stood next to her until she turned her head and saw Lee Donghae beside her with his arms crossed as well watching the filming.

She immediately tensed and turned her head back at the front, her eyes blinking nervously. Okay, she is not expecting him to suddenly turn up in here especially when she has not thought about what to say or how to act around him. Snap out of it, Dara! This is your workplace. Forget your personal issues! Look at Lee Donghae! Still the professional CEO every step of the way so you should be too!

What, am I not allowed to be a girl even once in my life??!

Great, she's now arguing with herself.

This is the first time, the first time, that a guy had actually told her he would do anything for her to stay with him—yes, she can't get that off her mind—and it's making her head a complete mess not knowing if she would take that seriously or not. She wasn't expecting that turn this morning and she is completely taken off guard by him suddenly asking her to go out with him.

But haven't you done that to him too?

That's different! He had suddenly became playful and all smiles which is exactly the reason why I had gotten to the point of liking him. Of course a weak girl would fall for that! He should've known that.

Maybe that's just the way he is.

No, he's not. I have never given him any indication that I still wanted to go out with him after he rejected me so there's no reason for him to suddenly ask me to date him after everything that's happened. And the way he rejected me that night is so cold a corpse will be warmer in comparison and I'll never forget that. He's an ass who doesn't have any feelings and doesn't care about anyone who has it!

But didn't he ran after you and let you cry on his shoulder that night when Chairman promoted someone else? And trying to cheer you up... in his own weird way?

Dara slightly tilted her head at the onging internal debate she is having right now. Yes, he did ran out after her and comforted her. That was probably the time when she started liking him.