Chapter 1: I feel weird

Start from the beginning

“Well, I have something really important to tell you, I haven’t told anybody yet. Come here.” I take Nicky by the hand and we rush to the bathroom. I lock the door and check all the bathrooms, there is no one here. OK, time to talk.

“Ok, what is it? What did you do?” Nicky says and gives me a suspicious look.

“I… I did it, ok? I had sex with a guy I don’t even know and it was at the party. I may be pregnant or have some kind of disease. That’s why I ran out of your house, I was freaked out that I wasn’t a virgin and that I did it with a random guy.”

 “Oh My God” Nicky hugs me. “Was it good or bad?”

“It was good, like really good.  I mean I was half drunk but I remember.” I say.

“Oh, wow. My best friend is not a virgin. And fuck you! You are telling me now, after two fucking weeks?” Nicky says to me giggling. Nicky talks bad when she is disappointed or mad or simply when she wants to talk like that. I remember last year a teacher gave her an F on an essay. And she went to the teacher to talk about the bad grade. The teacher said to her that she deserved the F. Nicky was so mad that she said: “Fuck you and your F. You are probably a 40 year old virgin because you don’t give A’s to anybody in this whole fucking school. You are a fucking bitch.” I remember like today. She got detention for a whole week and had to clean the bathrooms for the rest of the semester. I helped her once in a while.

“I’m sorry.” I say laughing. “I was so shocked about it that I spent the last two weeks of summer eating junk food and seeing television at home, I gained five pounds. Not pretty” I say with my most serious face. Nicky is just laughing now. The bell rings.

“Ok, we are not done. You have to tell me about this guy that you slept with.” Nicky says picking her bag of the floor.

“Yeah, whatever, let’s get to Biology.” I say. Nicky unlocks the bathroom door and we are walking through the hallway when I bump into someone.

“Hey, watch it!” I say pissed out. All my books are on the floor. Shit.

“I’m sorry” He says and picks up my books. We make eye contact. Fuck. That’s the guy I slept with. Oh god! He recognizes me. Not good!

“Thanks, bye” I say and take my books from him and rush in to the Biology classroom. I can’t believe he is going here. What am I supposed to do? I will avoid him; he is probably trying to avoid me too. It was a one night stand. You don’t talk to the person you had a one night stand with. I think.

“What was that all about?” Nicky asks me while sitting next to me at the classroom.

“What?” I say.

“You freaking out like a freak when a cute guy has eye contact with you.” Nicky says laughing. Gosh, Nicky know me so well.

“That is not funny, and he is not that cute” I say blushing.

“He is cute, in fact he is super-hot, like hot.” Nicky says to me and opens her eyes really big.

“Well, I didn’t freak out because he was cute, I freaked out because that guy was Tyler.” And just by saying his name I get butterflies.

“Who the hell is Tyler?” Nicky says with a confused look.

“That’s the guy I slept with.” I whisper.

“No way!” Nicky yells.

“Shhh” I say.

“Sorry” Nicky whispers “He is really hot. You do know how to pick the right guy to sleep with when you’re drunk.” I laugh. The teacher starts talking some random shit I don’t care about. Goodness! Biology can be so boring. I start doodling on my notebook when Tyler enters the room. My face is becoming red. Nicky is taking notes like a maniac so she doesn’t see him come in. Tyler seats to my left, he is like right next to me. I am going to die now. I can’t believe I am next to the guy I slept with. The guy I thought I was never going to see again in my life. I rip a piece of paper from my notebook and write on it: CHECK OUT 9’o Clock! Tyler Alert! I pass the paper to Nicky, who is totally thinking about Marcus. Her eyes widen while reading it. She writes something on the paper and passes it to me. The piece of paper says: “Don’t die please; I need you to help me choose what I’m going to wear for Friday’s dateJ.” I laugh hard and Mr. Feldon stops talking and looks directly at me.