Chapter 6: I think it is time

I spent the whole weekend looking at the ceiling and I ate like a fucking cow. But on Sunday I got a call from Joe, the guy that I met at Jeff’s diner. He called me to ask me out on a date. At first I was going to say no but in a way I wanted to make Tyler jealous and I knew he would never find out that I went out with Joe but still it made me feel better and I already wallowed all weekend so I said yes to Joe. I wanted to dress slutty, so I went to my mom’s closet and put on a short skirt of hers and a leather top that I couldn’t even breathe in it. When Joe picked me up he rapidly said that I looked really hot and grabbed my butt. I was offended by this but I smiled at him and nodded.

When we got into the car he started to talk and talk. He didn’t shut up. He talked about his mother, his dogs, how cool he looked in his new bathing suit, how he surfed a 12 feet wave in Hawaii and lots of other shit. I didn’t even know where I was. He kept driving and talking. Finally, we arrived at a house full of people with red cups. My first date with him is going to a party. At least there was beer and I could get lost and not find him until the end of the party. He immediately started talking to this guys who looked very weird and suspicious. So I went in and got a beer. I sat at a corner, and drank my beer. The music was very weird and it was very dark. I didn’t know anybody. I finished my beer and went to the bathroom. Obviously, the bathroom was full of girls checking there makeup or throwing up. I peed really fast and left. I called Nicky to ask her if she could pick me up. But she didn’t answer me. After calling her so many times I gave up and called Tyler.

Tyler picked me up in less than fifteen minutes. I got in the car and for a minute he just stared at me confused and I could dare to say that he looked hurt. He started driving, and he didn’t start talking. He was acting very weird and awkward. I couldn’t blame him because I was the one that ended it with him and then called him so he could pick me up at a party where I was with my date. He finally said:

“Why were you at that party, anyways?” He said and hit the button of the radio to turn it off. I thought of lying to him and make an excuse but I really couldn’t.

“I was on a date with Joe.” I said really fast and looked at my hands that were shaking. I don’t know why I was nervous by telling him this. In the first place I went to this date to make Tyler jealous.

“So, you were wearing that to your date?” He said and looked at me with his you-look-ridiculous-but-hot face. I was surprised that he didn’t care that I went out with Joe. Maybe he didn’t love me anymore, maybe he never loved me.

“Yeah, what’s the problem with it?” I said and looked at my clothes kind of embarrassed.

“You look different, you can be confused with a slut in the street” He said and laughed. I wasn’t offended by these, because I felt good that he was smiling.

“Tyler, Stop it” I said and punched him weakly in the arm. He pretended it hurt and started fake crying and leaned his head to mine looking at me in the eyes. The car fell silent and I felt like kissing him because he was looking at me so deeply. But he moved his face and started looking at the road again.

“I broke up with Erica the minute you left me. I was such a fool to let you go and put you in second place. I really do love you and I want to be with you. I can’t even explain why I was with Erica and I made you suffer because I didn’t want to let you go. The day you ended things with me, I didn’t run to you because I wanted to let you go because I knew you were suffering by seeing me with Erica. Don’t get me wrong I was suffering too with her but I was so scared to break up with her that I never did until now. I’m sorry for that.” He said almost crying still looking at the road. I put my hand in his shoulder and I felt him relax. I kissed him in the cheek and rested my head on his shoulder.

“I love you too” I said smiling and he immediately kissed me in the head. He stopped the car and started kissing me. The thing is he wasn’t kissing me harshly. He kissed kindly and lovable. His hand was in my waist and my hands were in his shoulders. He got closer to me and whispered: “I think it is time”.