Chapter 5

Chapter 5

“Hey Gear.” I turned back around, grabbing my meals, winking at Bolt when I saw the extra loaf of bread he slipped me and under the napkin was Lucas’ new fake ID I asked Bolt to make earlier, we’ll be needing it to cross the kingdoms.

“So are you going to tell me why you have two meals?” He paused. “Please tell me you’re not feeding the homeless again!”

“No Gear I’m not and you would’ve too if you saw how skinny that lady was.” I brushed passed him and headed upstairs, wanting to avoid any attention. I quickly headed to my room, slipped in, and locked the door behind me, handing Lucas his dinner. “There you go!”

“Thank you it’s much appreciated, Alicia.” We both started to eat, me sitting opposite of him, and then Gear started banging on the door.

“Alicia I’m not trying to be a pest but I would like it if you’d let me in,” he paused, “please?”

“No.”

“Why not! I just really want to know what’s going on with you lately!” Please don’t bring up the letter, but to no avail. “It’s because of that letter isn’t it? Just tell me what’s in there I’ll do the best I can to help. Alicia we’re like a family, you know that, and family does everything for each other.” And on that note he walked away, like a sad, abandoned puppy, I was about to run and throw the door open to comfort him but Lucas snapped me out of it.

“A-Alicia who was that?” I sighed and looked at my food, picking at the chicken with my fingers.

“That was my friend, Gear.”

“And what’s this letter he was talking about? The one that supposedly “changed” you?”

“He was just being paranoid, I’m perfectly fine the letter just shook me up a little.” My eyes widened and I covered my mouth. Shit! I just told him that I read a letter that I broke the law and he’s a good citizen, he was for sure going to turn me in!

“Don’t worry.” I looked up at his calm face. “I won’t rat you out, based off what I know so far you didn’t mean to read it was probably just open and next to you and everyone gets that curiosity.”

How could he be so understanding? So trusting and kind to some complete stranger, a messenger too, I just didn’t understand? We finished our meals in silence and I set our plates outside the door, turned and plopped onto my bed. I sat up and turned around, covering up my eyes when I saw Lucas taking his shirt off and he quickly covered up.

“I’m sorry.” I mumbled, still hiding my face.

“N-no I should’ve told you that I was changing.” I heard the creak of the other bed as he sat down. “You can stop hiding now.”

I looked up and saw he was wearing another shirt from the extra set of clothes that were in every room. “W-well then is it okay if you could…”

“Oh sure!” He turned around before I could finish my sentence.

“No I’m not changing,” he turned back around, confused, “I’m just taking my wings off.”

“Oh.” He looked confused. “W-wait! They come off?”

I laughed. “Of course they do! That would be very uncomfortable to sleep in if they didn’t.” I got up and turned my wings towards him. “I just need you to unlock them, it’s hard to reach myself.”

“Unlock, your wings?”

“Yes,” I took off my necklace, which held the key to my wings, and handed it to him. The tiny key clinked against the other charm on there, a small golden heart, “and just insert the key into that little metal slot in by back.”

“You mean this?” I heard him turn the key, followed by a loud clunk of my wings falling on the floor as he quickly stepped back.

“Yes, thanks.” I grabbed the wings and hung them on the specified hook near the balcony doors.

“Here,” he walked over to me, “let me put your necklace on for you.”

He put the necklace over my head, letting it settle on my chest, and then went to fasten it. After that he took a look at it then smiled.

“That charm is really pretty, it suites you and brings out the little gold flecks in your eyes.”

Just then my head throbbed, I stumbled over to my bed and lied down, breathing heavy.

“Hey!” He walked over to me. “Alicia are you feeling alright?”

“Y-ya, I guess I’m just a little more worn out then I thought.” That was true but it wasn’t the reason for my sudden pain, this was the start of a memory flash. Lucas, still wearing a worried expression, went and turned off the lamp and settled into bed.

“Just tell me if it gets worse, okay?” I let out a small grunt in response and let sleep take over me.

**Author's Note** So i know this is a short chapter but it's just kinda a filler.

 Peace Out! <3

~Death is only the Beginning~ WeepingRaven