Prologue

Prologue

I stared out of the carriage as it slowly made progress across the uneven cobblestone road. The sidewalks were filled with extravagant people of all shapes, sizes and colors. Everything I stared at seemed to sparkle under the softly glowing streetlamps; it might have been day out but with all the steam and fog in the air they were always on.

I turned to daddy and mommy and they smiled at me, filling my heart with such warmth.

“How do you like your new dress?” My mother inquired. I stared down at my new outfit that mommy and daddy gave to me; it was a pretty, onyx black color with gold strands swirling around it and went just passed my feet. Then I looked at the golden, sparkly, heart charm, that Luke gave to me when I went over to his house earlier.

“I love it!” I squealed. I had always loved my birthday because it meant a whole day with mommy and daddy without them having to run off for work and my birthday was also on the Golden Steam Festival, so it always felt like everyone was dancing, partying, and celebrating me.

I continued to gaze out the right window as my parents cuddled against each other, whispering things I couldn’t really make out but it sounded urgent and important. Suddenly I felt guilty for pulling them away from work, whatever that was. I glanced over at them and they quickly stopped talking, smiling over at me at the same time.

“So honey,” my father spoke up, “are you going to wear that dress to the kings party tonight?”

The king had a party every year during the Golden Steam Festival, inviting only the most important people. I nodded at him and turned back to the window. I could care less about the party but Luke would be there and I wanted to stun him with my new dress then, we could take a walk in the garden or dance together.

Suddenly the carriage lurched forward and started running at top speed, the people out the window whizzing by, shouting at us. Mommy let out a shriek and clung to daddy and he went to pull the break, since the horses were mechanical, but it broke off in his hand. Fear started to fill my chest and I let out a sob, looking at the window to my left and saw another carriage at top speed, heading straight towards us. To our right was a huge lake and I opened my mouth to shout a warning to my parents but it was to late.

There was a loud crash as the other carriage rammed straight into us, causing the window to shatter, glass cut deep into my skin. A metal chunk broke off and hit me in the head, hard, I felt dizzy and my arm and leg hurt. I scrambled towards the door that got hit but the carriage had started to tip towards the water. I turned to mommy and daddy, letting out a shriek when I saw them.

Some metal that broke off had bashed daddy’s head in and he had fallen on top of mommy, who I don’t know if she was dead or unconscious, but she was covered in blood from a gash in her side.

The carriage fell into the lake and the other window broke, causing water to rush in and I swam out the oppisite window, with my one good arm and leg. I turned back towards the carriage, begging that mommy and daddy would swim out to but they didn’t. Suddenly the other carriage came crashing through the water, I swam back but not before one of the horse’s broken off legs had hit me in the head, everything went black and then I just waited till I got to see mommy and daddy again in the after life.

“-ia!

“-icia!”

“Alicia!”

I slowly cracked my eyes open at the sound of my name. I heard the sound of water in the distance and above me crouched a man with wacky brown hair, sticking in every which way, and a set of goggles on his head. I stared into his ocean blue eyes and swallowed, croaking out two words,

“M-mommy, daddy?”

“It’s okay honey,” the man spoke, “I’ll take care of you.”

Everything went dark again as I felt his arms wrap around my body and lift me up.

“It’s going to be okay…”

**Author's Note** Well? I hope you liked it! and if you didn't i hope it didn't scare you off because the rest of the story is REALLY good, better then this..... <3 well peace off! Read chappie 1, vote, comment, follow me, all that jazz!

~Death is only the beginning!~ Weepingraven!