Chapter 29

After the tour of the house, I was pulled away from the group by my mother.

"How could you not tell me this?"

"Are you kidding me? I just woke up from a coma and the first thing you want to hear is that I married Alexander Hamilton, had eight kids, experienced things I never wanted to go through. And not to mention I went through so much heartbreak that I thought I would die from a heartache?"

She shook her head, "No, that's not what I imagined you to say. I just thought that you were sleeping and dreaming the whole time. I never thought that you actually went back in time."

"Well I got a restart for my life. I finally got rid of the bad part of myself and I'm not going to let the part of me take over again."

She looked me up and down, "You're just not yourself right now. I always wanted a better you but it's not normal for me."

I was shocked by what she said. Did she not like that I wasn't sneaking off or drinking again?

"I'm sorry but I'm not going back to the way I was."

I walked away from her and I joined the group again. Lin's phone began to ring and he stepped away to take his call. I watched as his face went from happiness to stressed. I knew the look to well. Alexander wore that face for many days of his life. When Lin ended the call he walked back over to the group.

"Bad news everyone, our (Y/N) Hamilton is leaving the show in a week. She had some issues come up and she needs to leave. We also have no one to replace her when we make our debut on Broadway."

I was a little confused by his statement.

"What do you mean?"

Everyone looked towards me and Lin suddenly bounced up and down.

"(Y/N) of course! I read somewhere in a book that you could sing. Are you still a good singer?"

I nodded my head.

"Can you dance?"

I thought for a second.

"What type of dancing are we talking about, because the last type of dancing I did was ballroom dancing."

"It's close enough."

I nodded my head.

"Then yes I can dance."

The whole group started to smile and Lin placed his hands on my shoulders.

"Okay (Y/N), I made a show about you and your husband. The woman who played you isn't able to do the show anymore. How would you like to play yourself on Broadway?"

This was incredible! If I agreed to this I would be able to tell Alexander's story for even longer!

The whole group was waiting for my answer. I looked at each of them and I realized something. If I agreed I wouldn't only be telling my husband's story, I would also be surrounded by these great people who looked like everyone I knew. So I quickly nodded my head and everyone cheered. Lin started to look at his phone again and then he looked back at me.

"Okay, so we have to get to the theatre as soon as possible to get your dress fitted and start practicing. Is your mom okay with you coming with us?"

I looked towards my mom and she smiled and nodded her head. I smiles back and looked back at Lin and told him that I was ready to go. He led me outside to a large van that everyone piled into. Lin started the van and began to drive as I learned everyone's names.

After learning everyone's name they asked me which person they resembled from the past. Renee, Phillipa, and Jasmine were excited to know that they looked almost exactly like the Schuyler sisters. Daveed and Anthony were laughing at the fact that the only difference between the people they looked like was the hairstyle. Oak looked exactly like both Madison and Mulligan, so there wasn't a really big difference for him.