Chapter 15

-a few years later-

"Mommy! Philip pulled my hair again!"

I sighed as I put Alex Jr. down for a nap.

"Philip what have I told you about pulling your sister's hair."

He came over to me and hugged me, "I'm sorry mommy."

"I'm not the one you should be apologizing to. Turn around and tell your sister that you're sorry."

He hugged his sister and said his apology.

I sighed and took a seat down on the couch. Things have been interesting over these few years. I had two more children. Angelica Hamilton was our first daughter, she is three years old now. Although we just like to call her Angie, so the names between her and her aunt don't get mixed up. Then there is Alex Jr. He was born last year and is only a year old. Philip, on the other hand, is still growing fast and becoming smarter each day.

His curly brown hair was becoming longer and crazier to handle. Although his siblings were different, their straight hair was easier to handle. It was now late September and Alex has been busier than ever.

He has been in his office most of the day. I don't even know what he does in there anymore. All I know is that he has been studying the law a lot. He even became a lawyer with his friend Aaron Burr.

But when he wasn't doing his job he would be writing. It just wasn't something he did in his free time either. He would write every day as much as he could. He just wrote like he was running out of time.

Some days he wouldn't even come out of his office for dinner. Sometimes when he did come out he would even be writing at the dinner table.

I was broken away from my thoughts by Philip and Angie. "Mommy when is daddy going to come out of his office."

I looked over in the direction of his office door. "I don't know. Maybe mommy can go..."

I stopped and they looked at me in a funny way.

Angie started to panic a little, "Mommy are you ok?"

I felt like I was going to throw up. I just nodded my head and went straight to the kitchen. I found the trash bucket sitting in the corner. As soon as I saw it in sight I picked it up and I let everything go.

Angie started to cry because she thought I was going to die. Philip, being the smart child he is, had to explain to his younger sister that I was just not feeling good and that I threw up a lot when I had Alex Jr. in my stomach.

Oh no... I couldn't be... am I pregnant again?

I finished up and I wiped my mouth with a nearby cloth.

"Philip watch your sister and brother for a few minutes. Mommy has to go check something alright?"

He nodded his head and then took Angie back to the living room. I ran up to my bedroom and I looked at my belly in the mirror. Sure enough, there was a small bump. I tried to think if I had my period this month and I didn't.

I can't believe it, I'm gonna have another baby! I know it will be my fourth one, but it was still a shock to me. Just knowing that I am growing this family bigger is the best news for me. Hopefully, it will bring Alexander this much joy.

I made my way back downstairs and I looked at Philip and Angie looking down at their younger brother in his crib. I awed at the sight and then I came in and stood behind them. They turned around and hugged me.

Angie looked up at me, "Mommy are you okay?"

I picked her up and I let her rest on my hip, "Oh honey mommy is just fine. She just got a little sick is all. But there is a surprise for everyone tonight at dinner."