Chapter 2: My Return

Edited

~~~~~~

*******4 years later*******

The engine of my 2011 royal blue Charger roars when I speed into a familiar place. I slow down when ruins of a building catches my eye. My gaze falls on multiple buildings in the same state. What happen to this place after I left? Look like a war broke out in the middle of town leaving no building untouched.

I glance at my side mirror to see the reflection of an older me. My baby face gone with no return in the future. My hair is now completely white and long enough to drag along the ground. I've grown taller 5'11 to my once 5 foot height. My skin has tanned a bit making my gray eyes stand out a bit more then they did before.

No one seem to come after me once I drove away that night. My parents never turned my phone off when I left. They probably wanted to try and keep track of me. I got rid of the phone after 3 days to lose them. Ditched my car a week later in a random town so they couldn't us a stole car reports to get me.

Slowly I pull up to a house that holds all my childhood memories. The house doesn't look like it was touched unlike the rest of the town. Nothing really seemed to out of place from the image that is vivid in my mind. My parent's car and a mini garden stand out from what I last remember. Wonder what they think happened to me.

I cut the engine as I stare at the house. Slowly I open the door then slide out of my seat. My heart gives a small pain. I approach the house preparing for what they are going to do when they see me. Standing in front of the door, I breath in then out.

Just need to do this now before I can't. I lift my hand and knock on the door hard. Movement can be heard in the house along with voices. The door clicks twice before it swings open to reveal an old man from all my memories. His eyes look tired and exhausted.

An annoyed look appears on my father's face. "What do you want?"

With a finger I slide my glasses up to sit on top of my head. "Well I came all this way just to visit my parents."

Surprise takes over his facial features. "Cerridwen?"

A laugh leaves my lips then I smiles up at him. "I go by Cerri now."

He reaches out grabbing my shoulders then pulls me into a bear hug, some of my bones crack. Wiggling around in his hold, I escape to feel air in my lungs again. A figure I've missed so much appears in a doorway down the hall. "Who's here, Hun?"

My father turns around while wrapping an arm around my shoulders. "Your baby girl, Cerridwen."

A squeal leaves my mom's lips before she tackles me. Thankfully I'm stronger then I was or she really would have tackled me to the ground. "Oh Cerri, we missed you so much. The pack has missed you."

I look away at the mention of the pack. "The pack didn't treat me right. Then tried, but failed to stop me from leaving."

Fingers turn my face to look into my mother's hazel eyes. "Are you back for good?"

I shake my head as I glance away again. "I'm sorry, but no. I'm in a new pack. I've become...."

When I look back at my mother to see sadness in her eyes. A sigh leaves my lips. "I'll be here for a little while."

A smile brightens her face. I smile softly as I look over at my father. "Will you take me to see the alpha, please?"

His body tenses as he glances next to me. I look over at my mother to see her shocked face. "Um.... Are you sure you want to go near the alpha after what you did?"