Chapter 17: First Shift

Von's POV

I sat outside the emergency room at the castle. My head sat in my hands as I look down at the ground. I could feel Louise and Fin's eyes on me.

Cerri please be okay. I will die if you die.

The door opens and my head shoots up to see one of the doctors. He looks down at me sadly. "We did all that we could do for them."

I stood up fast and looked at him a bit scared. "You don't mean..."

He shakes his head. "They are alive and breathing but for some reason the girl wont wake up."

I push past him and go into the room. Casey lays in a bed staring at something behind a curtain next to him. I walk over to the curtain and move it. A bed sits there holding Cerri. Her eyes lay closed. I could hear her steady heart beat.

Casey gaze fell on me and I could feel something pushing me a way from Cerri. I look over at Casey to see his eyes pitch black. "You must stay away from her."

His voice seemed to sound demonic. "Why? Whats wrong with her?"

He looks towards her. "The attack did something to her. My magic has her under a deep sleep till she is ready to wake up."

I look over at Cerri and feel my wolf calling out to hers. "How long will she be like this?"

He looks at me. "A day...A month...A year...She could stay this way forever if she chooses."

I growl to myself. "Why didn't I stay with her...She wouldn't be like this if I had just stayed with her."

The air seemed to change when I look over at Casey. His eyes change back to normal. "There isn't anything you could have done. You would be in the same state. What ever happened to us...Carri knows something about it."

I eye Cerri a bit worried. "Why do we have to wait for her to wake up?"

He sighs. "Whatever attacked us used something to make her get lost inside herself. She might not be the same when she wakes up."

I walk over to the bed and sit in a chair. Her sleeping face looks so peaceful. "We are going to move her back to Washington where we will watch her."

He nods. "Good idea. She will be better in an area that she knows when she wakes up."

I stand up and kiss her forehead before walking out to tell Louise and Fin what is happening.

~~~~17 years 9 months~~~~

Alex's POV

My alarm goes off waking me up. I stretch as I yawn. The alarm clock blinks 5:30am in bright red numbers. I listen for a few seconds to hear Leo and Skyler snoring. Some creeks come from upstairs in moms room.

Father is up already visiting mom. I get out of bed and get dressed before heading up stairs. At the top of the stairs I could see the door open to her room. I walk to the door and open it a bit more. "Dad?"

He turns around from the glass tube that holds our mother. "Sweety why are you up so early?"

I smile and walk over next to him. "To get ready for school and visit mom before I left."

He wraps an arm around my shoulder pulling me to him and he kiss my forehead. "Your mother might wake up soon."

I look at him confused. "How do you know?"

He smiles. "I can feel it. Casey can feel it too."

I nod then look up at mom floating in the tube. She looks like me, but with blond hair. Skyler, Leo and me must have gotten our gray eyes from her cause father has light green eyes. I wonder what she was like.