Chapter 20: Luke

Alex's POV

We ran for hours but never leave Washington. I think we are trying to cover our tracks before going to his parents. Being a new wolf, I don't want to run much longer. 'Zane are we getting close?'

I hear him breathing hard inside his head. 'Yes. Just a few more minutes.'

Few more minutes? That's good news. 'Okay.'

We keep running as fast as we can till something starts running along side us. One along side Zane and another along side me. Zane gives a low growl before jumping out of my site. I hear something growl before it landed in front of me.

In front of me stood a male gray wolf. He growls at me, his teeth showing themselves​ to me. I growl at him telling him I'm not going down with out a fight. He leaps at me but I move out of his way making him hit a tree.

I jump at his side pinning him to the ground, my teeth inches from his throat. A whine leaves him telling me he gives up. I still keep him pinned as I try to tell if he really gives up. He gave up a bit to easy.

Foot steps aapprouch from behind me. I look over my shoulder a bit while still keeping my eyes on the guy. Zane walks out of the bushes with a gray female wolf not far behind him. She growls at me as the guy whines under me.

Zane looked a bit confused. 'Alex what did you do...'

I give a little whine. 'I was protecting myself...was I not suppose to?'

He walks over to me and nudges my side. I get off the guy and stand next to Zane with my ears down. He nuzzles my cheek then licks it. 'Its okay. This was a test.'

I lean against him as the female walks by me and snaps at me. Zane growls at her as a low growl leaves me. The female walks a bit fast towards the guy. 'Who are they?'

The two shift and the guys rubbed his head as the women kneels down next to him. When the guy looked our way I knew who they were before Zane says anything. 'My parents.'

Zane's Father's POV

I stare at my son's mate still surprised. She is better then I thought she would be. The girl is strong too. I wonder where her family genes are. She has beautiful gray eyes like someone I used to know and her brown fur is a carmel color.

Zane lick her cheek getting her to relax a bit. She seems confused about what's going on. My mate Denice grabs my chin making me look at her. 'Don't you dare stare at another girl other then me.'

I roll my eyes as I sit up abit. 'I was only wondering how she got so good.'

She looks over her shoulder at Zane and his mate. 'I don't like her. She isn't good enough for my son. The alpha's daughter in the next town is better for him then her.'

I groan and push her a way from me so I could get up. 'I don't want to hear that. He needs to be with his mate.'

She mumbles​ something under her breath as I walk towards the two. "Shift."

I see Zane shifts back first as I stare at his mate. She closes her eyes before she shifts. A new shifter. She is to good to be new. When she looks at me I froze. "Cerri?"

She turns her head confused. When she opens her mouth to say something, but Denice grabs her by the throat and pins her to a tree. "OH NO YOU DON'T, BITCH! YOU TRIED TAKING MY MATE, YOU ARE NOT GOING TO TAKE MY SON FROM ME!"

Cerri gives a choked laugh. She grabs Denice hand tightly making her let go screaming. Cerri smile coldly. "You think you are great and powerful. I could make you do anything I wanted with one word."