Chapter 11

"Nathan?"

"Hmm?"

"Where's your family?" I quietly mumble, holding our intertwined hands above us as my back rests against his chest, our legs tangled together. Nathan's sweater and a few jackets are all that cover us.

"Well," he moans against my shoulder, his warm, moist breath tickling me. He continues to play with my fingers as he tells me his story. "My parents are divorced. My mom got remarried to Phil, a very nice man, and they had my sister Jess. They live in Gloucester, back in the UK."

"Wow, that's far. Do you miss them?"

"Everyday, but they know I have to be here in order to keep my career. Now that my band is done for awhile, I have to convince the label to take me back. A few of the lads got good deals."

"How many other boys are there?"

"Four others. You already met Jay. Then there's Tom, Max, and Siva. Siva's engaged, and he's a host of a tv show now. Max is signed with Scooter, the man I'm trying to work with. Tom already has a song out, and Jay, he's in the states somewhere with his girlfriend now."

"Sounds like a busy bunch," I sigh, kissing his hands.

"Yeah...then there's me..."

"Hey, don't say that," I say, rolling over so my chest is against his. "You're doing great. You've been in the studio for awhile now, and you already have music that's ready to be released in the fall?! That's pretty exciting."

"You think so?"

I rub my nose against his, making it crinkle. I lightly brush my lips to his, talking against them. "Yes, I really do."

We lay in silence for a few minutes, just resting my forehead against his as his hands rub my back, then slightly over my butt and back up into my hair.

"I hate to say it, but we should continue driving...your mom isn't too far behind us...."

"Yeah," I sigh, sticking out my bottom lip, "I guess you're right."

We straighten ourselves up, slipping on our clothes from before and crawl back to the front seats and continue our journey to god knows where.

Great, more time to think to myself. Back there, Nathan told me he loved me, and I told him back. But, before...you know, when we were fighting, he was saying how it was hard for me to believe someone could love me. You know what? He's right. It's really hard for me to believe someone would be in love with me, and want to protect me and save me. It's still hard to believe, but when Nathan said it out loud, it really made me think. I never had the chance to go see the outside world, and now that I have, I never want to go back to being locked in my bedroom. Who wants that?

When Nathan told me about how my father reached him, it really got to me...but I realize how he did it for me. My father may not be much of a "father figure", but I'm sure he saves lives everyday, that's a pretty cool dad.

"Nathan?"

"What's up babe."

"Can I borrow your phone? I need to make a call..."

Nathan smiles, knowing exactly what I want. "It's in my pocket."

I reach into his pocket, grabbing his phone and searching through his contacts until I find Henry. Clicking on his name, and listening to the phone ring wake the bats in my stomach.

"Hello?"

I swallow hard before answering. "Hi...Henry."

"Is this June?"