Chapter 6

It's been weeks of running, weeks of changing hotels, all of which are nice to be honest. No call from my mom, then again I changed my number and got a new phone, so that's not surprising.

"I got it!" Nathan whispers, finally arriving back to the room after an hour.

"Jesus Christ! Does it really take that long to get a few snacks from the vending machine?" I laugh, clicking the tv off and sitting up from the surprisingly comfortable bed.

"Okay here's the story," he says, tossing me a bag of chips and a soda. He then jumps on his bed and rips open a bag of Doritos. "So, it took me about twenty minutes to find a fucking vending machine, then when I did, it ate my money so I had to shake it until it came out."

"That's what she said!" I snort, throwing my head back.

"Son of a bitch! You're so good at that game! I never win."

"You suck at it," I laugh, throwing a chip at him.

"So, it's midnight...anything good on tv?"

"No! Everything sucks! It's all porn," I complain.

"Wow...okay so it literally sucks..." he smirks.

"You're disgusting."

"You're the one who always says 'that's what she said,'" he quotes.

"Shut up and eat your chips."

Nathan grabs the remote and searches through the movies, stopping at mama. I stare at him, wide eyed.

"What? You don't like horror movies?" he laughs, clicking on it.

"Yes I do," I lie.

Nathan sinks back into bed. After awhile, he changes into his pajamas...well, more like undresses, into nothing but grey sweatpants. Goddammit this crush isn't going away.

"I'm gonna go change, be right back," I stutter, clumsily making my way to the bathroom.

I slip out of my jeans and grab my spandex shorts and a large shirt, then make my way back to the bed. If he wants to play, then I'll play too.

Well, my game plan failed...because a scary thing jumped out at the screen and I jumped, chips flying everywhere, and soda spilling all over my shirt.

"You said you liked horror movies," Nathan laughs, pausing it and standing up to help me.

"I lied...fuck I need a shirt!"

"Ummmm..." Nathan awkwardly looks around, then grabs his from earlier today. A plain white t-shirt, that fit him very well if I may add...

I grab the shirt, staring at him.

"What? Oh jeez don't be a prude...I'm gonna see you shirtless sometime."

I smack Nathan in the arm.

"Okay fine, I'll turn around." Holding his hands up as if he's surrendering, he turns his back towards me. I quickly slide out of my shirt and into his. I crawl back into bed and hide under the covers.

"Okay you can play it now," I weep from under the blankets.

"Okay, come here."

I peek my head out and skip to Nathan's bed, snuggling into his side as he plays the horrific movie. The entire time, I'm snuggled into Nathan's body, burying my face in his bare chest as his arms wrap around me.

Further into the movie, both of us lay down, and I drifted to a sleep. Every now and then, I would wake up, still in Nathan's arms, except the tv is off and Nathan is also asleep. Smiling to myself, I hug Nathan closer to me, making him whine and moan in his sleep. He's so adorable it makes me want to cry.

***************

"I will find you, and I will kill you."

I wake up, gasping and sweating.

"Shhh, it's okay, it was just another dream, shhh," Nathan hushes, pulling me back down to his chest, rubbing my shoulders. "This has been the fifth night, honey you need to relax."

"I-I can't.." I sob into his chest.

"Shhh, it's okay, just go back to sleep, we'll start driving tomorrow morning okay?"

Nathan plants a soft kiss on my forehead, instantly calming me down enough to fall asleep.