Chapter 8

I wake up, staring at the ceiling. It's the first time I ever woke up with a smile on my face. Taking a deep breath, I reach my hands over my head, playing with Nathan's hair as I lay on my back. He stirs underneath me, moaning.

"Five more minutes," he whines.

I roll over on my side, running my finger down the middle of his back. He laughs through pursed lips and rolls on his side. "What are you up to?"

"I don't know, I just like waking up to you," I smirk, taking my hand and lacing it with his.

"I like waking up to you too."

I hold the sheet under my arms as Nathan continues to play with my hands. God I love him.

"You feeling okay?" he asks, brushing his fingers against my cheek.

"Yeah I feel great. Why?"

"You look red."

"I'm blushing," I mumble, hiding my face in his chest.

Nathan chuckles, wrapping his arms around me. "You're so adorable."

"Stooooop it!" I squeal, giggling into his chest.

"Are you giggling?"

"Nooooo," I giggle again.

Nathan smirks down at me, lightly brushing his fingers on my side, giving me goosebumps yet again. He must have superpowers or something.

"I have to shower..." Nathan pouts, standing up and slipping a pair of boxers on.

"Okay...I'll go downstairs and get us some breakfast. What to you want?"

"Surprise me," he says, givingg me a quick kiss before haling his sexy ass to the bathroom.

I listen to the shower turn on before standing up, slipping on his shirt from last night and my short shorts.

I walk down to the lobby in bare feet. I can I finally wear shorts and not worry about hiding the bruises. Most of them have disappeared or turned a pale yellow colour. Very easy to hide.

As I stand in line, I notice a middle-aged man, standing alone. You know that feeling where you think you know someone, but you can't quite put your tongue on it? That's the way I'm feeling right now.

I swear I've seen this man before. His dark brown hair, brown eyes like mine, and pale skin.

As I confine to stare at him, I forget other people can see me, for example, him. Snapping back to focus, I blink a few times and approach the lady at the counter.

"Hi! What can I get you this morning, dear?"

"Um," I stutter, looking out of the corner of my eye at the man and back. "Two bagels and tea please."

"Okay, here you are honey." The lady hands me my order, and as I turn around, I nearly pass out as I realize who that man is.

The one and only...my father.

*****************

Running back up the stairs to the room, I hold in the tears stinging my eyes. "Don't cry, don't cry. It probably wasn't even your dad," I say to myself as I unlock the door and close it as soon as I get in.

Nathan stands in the middle of the room, drying his hair with a towel as another one drapes around his hips, hugging his tightly. "Whoa, babe whys wrong?" he asks, his voice alarmed.

"I-I..." I stutter, sitting on the bed. I set out food and drinks on the nightstand beside me. "I think I just saw my dad."

Nathan sits beside me, the smell of shampoo and soap filling my nose. Water still drips from his hair, falling on the white sheets, leaving a water stain behind. "What are you talking about? I mean, are you sure? Your dad-"

"Abandoned me," I finish. "I know..so there's no way it could be him....or could it?"

"I guess it's a possibility..."

I bury my face in my hands, letting out whines. My father, a man I barely know...do I want to meet him? Do I want to run away?

"What state are we in?" I ask.

"Colorado," Nathan answers, standing up and getting dressed in a pair of blue jeans that hang low, and a long shirt with the sleeves pushed up to his elbows. "Okay. Get dressed, we'll head down there and see if this guy is your father. We'll go the local library here and do some research or something."

"You have this whole thing figured out, don't you," I sniffle.

"Hey, don't cry," Nathan soothes, kneeling in front of me and wiping my tears away with his thumbs. He cups my face in his hands and brings my head towards his lips, kissing my forehead. "We'll figure this out, I promise."