Chapter Four

I woke up with a pounding head, and no memory of last night. I don't have the strength to get out of bed, or to open my eyes. I try to fall back asleep, but the blinding sun was burning against my closed eyes, so I pulled my duvet over my head. I seem to be able to fall asleep for what seems to be a few more hours. I wake up again, and I really needed to use the bathroom. I lay there for a couple minutes before trying to slump into the bathroom. I felt as if my bladder was going to explode. I always need to constantly urinate when I drink. I walk as fast as my aching body would let me into the bathroom, and empty myself. Once I flush I pull out some migraine pills, from the bathroom cabinet. My mouth was too dry to take them without a drink, but I couldn't force myself to walk down to the kitchen. Wow, such a dilemma.. I pull out a paper cup that we use when I rise my mouth with mouth wash, and fill it up with sink water. I dump the pills into my mouth, and swallow them hoping for fast relief.

I make my way back to bed, and throw off most of my clothes that I seemed to have left on when I went to bed. I pull out my phone that was in the pocket. I turn on the phone to see messages from many of my friends asking if I was in trouble for the party. Then blurry memories of last night appeared. Josiah came, and crashed the party. I don't remember if any words were said. I pray he didn't tell my mom. After scrolling past a few messages I see that Josiah texted me.

"Johnny I know it's tough not having your dad around, my dad left me at a young age too. I'm just upset you don't believe that I do care about you. Don't worry I'm not going to tell your mom, and I even cleaned up the house for you. Just no more parties. Your mom and I could have gotten in serious trouble. You would be too. That could mess up your whole future, and I know you don't want that."

I laid there staring at my phone in awe. Why would he do that? Do I talk to him about this or ignore it. The least I could do is thank him I guess.

After another hour or two of the harsh feeling of my stomach growling, I throw on some clothes, and walk downstairs. The strong scent of bacon lingers across my nostrils. I walk into the kitchen to see Josiah cooking... In his underwear. He doesn't seem to notice me, as I stared at his body. I wanted to feel him up, and adore every inch of his perfect body. I shouldn't be thinking about my mom's fiancé like that, but I mean how could I not? I could have stared for much longer, until I was pulled back in reality.

"Johnny? Hello?" Josiah said waving his spatula by my face.

"Oh.. Ugh.. Yeah.. Morning." I said, my face burning hotter than the bacon.

"Ughhh.. Morning.. Didn't expect you to be up this early." He said walking to get some pants.

It was only nine which was earlier than I usually wake up, even when I don't have a hangover. "Me neither." I say trying to ease the tension. "I just wanted to thank you for everything, and apologize."

"I would say welcome, but I don't want you to feel welcome to throw another party." He says smiling. I force out a laugh. "You want breakfast?" He offers.

"Please." I say.

I stared at him while he cooked. Admiring everything about him. The way he pushes his hand through his bed head, the way he subconsciously bites his lips while he cooks, even the way he's looking at me puzzled trying to hand me my food, while I'm just staring at his gorgeous face. Oh wait.. I realized that I was caught staring again. I need to learn how to control myself.

To break the awkward silence he started conversation.

"So what are your plans for today?"

I shrugged. "Go to Liam's probably."

"That's cool, when are you going there?" He asked showing not much interest.

"Probably late afternoon. You doing anything?" I asked trying to show at least some interest.

"Not sure. If you don't go to Liam's we could catch a movie or something if you'd like." He suggested.

"That sounds nice. I'll make sure to let you know what I'm doing." I said with a smile.

I finished my breakfast and put my dishes into the dishwasher. I considered just going to the movies with Josiah, there are some good movies that came out. I went upstairs to brush teeth, and get my stuff so I could head to the gym. I grabbed my keys, and headed out to the car. Getting my license has been such a blessing now that I can do everything in my own time. I spent an hour, or two mostly just doing my basic routines. When I got home it was already noon. I showered and got ready for the day, and that took about an hour. I laid down and checked my social media, after a few minutes I received a text from Liam.

"Johnny, you need to come over as soon as possible." I wonder what this is about.

"Alright be there in 10 minutes." I texted him back.

I went downstairs to grab my keys and head out. I look in disgust at my mom and Josiah cuddling on the couch, watching television. I hated seeing them be intimate with each other. I didn't want to say I was "jealous" of my mom, but I sure as hell wish that was me cuddling up with Josiah. I need to get these thoughts out of my head. I let my mom and Josiah know I'm leaving.

"Later guys." I yelled.

"What time are you coming back?" My mom asked.

"Not sure, I'll call you and let you know." I said heading out the door.

"Wait." Josiah yelled out. I stopped. "Are we not going to catch a movie anymore?" He asked with a small pout. Damn he had such a cute pouty face.

"Sorry Josiah. Maybe tomorrow there's kind if an emergency." I said.

"Alright. Be safe." He said going back to watching television.

I walked out the door, hopped in my car, and started the ignition. I drove to Liam's house which was no more than a 10 minute drive. I pulled up in front of his house. I exited the car, and walked straight into his house. He was home alone, I figured since his parents cars weren't out front, and his sister has moved to Florida for college.

"Liam?" I called out. Liam comes running down the steps.

"Dude guess what?" He said enthusiastically.

"You actually got a girlfriend?" I said teasing him.

He fake scowled at me. "Nope, but I do know someone who can make us authentic fake I.D's." He said with a smile.

I shifted on my feet. "Who?" I asked unsurely if I wanted to go through with this.

"Joe's cousin. They're the exact same as an actual I.D, and look at you. If I didn't know any better I'd think you're already twenty one." He persuaded.

He did have a point. I mean I was pretty tall, and I was already able to sport a full beard. Well almost if I gave my beard a few weeks I could. I was a fast bloomer.

"Alright." I told him.

"Awesome! Do you realize everything we can do with these?" He exclaimed.

"Yeah." I replied with a smile. I mean what's the worst that could happen?

---

Authors note

Sorry what took this update longer than a week. I was on vacation.

I have some ideas for what do with this book now. So expect a lot of twists coming.

Other than that vote, follow, comment, and thanks so much for reading!