Prologue

A small breeze blew quietly through the forest. A dark figure prowled through the trees, its tail flicking from side to side as if it were hunting prey. It stopped and sniffed the air suddenly before crouching low to the ground. The cat had caught the scent of something!

Another cat emerged from the trees behind the crouching cat, who was oblivious. It crept closer and closer to the other cat.

Suddenly the cat jumped to its feet and whirled around, hissing. The approaching cat jumped in surprise, although this quickly turned into amusement.

"I thought you've left the Clans for good," The cat who had approached, a tom, said with a hint of amusement in his tone.

"Never!" The other cat, a she-cat, snarled, lashing her tail and flattening her ears. "The Clans need to pay for what they've done to me!"

The tom padded closet to the she-cat and flicked his tail.

"I can help you with that," He whispered, his eyes glittering darkly.

"Oh can you?" The she-cat snorted. "Last time I checked, you were a part of the Clans that I want to destroy."

"Exactly," The tom growled, "And I can help you by telling you all sorts of Clan secrets."

"Why would you help me?" The she-cat growled, narrowing her eyes.

"Because we were such great friends," The tom purred, "And besides, if I help you maybe you'll return the favour..."