Chapter Fourteen

Kimberly's POV

 I'm confused.

I have always dreamed about having my prince in shining amour. We would both be motivated and hard working. Together we would both break barriers and in the end we would succeed both financially and socially. He would be my better half and I would be his. After we get married and both of our careers are stable we would buy a nice big house the suburbs, with acres of land for our children to play in.

Lately, though my mind has been playing tricks on me. A month ago I would've willingly accepted Donte's proposal with joy. But now I lack the willpower. I honestly loved him. When I was teenager I had a crush in him. During that time he would always make me feel special, even though he knew I would never date him because I was too focused on my school work. He’s a nice guy, he's focused, he’s smart, he's caring and he has a very attractive face. And the best part is he wants to date me. I should be jumping up for joy right?

Suddenly, I feel my phone vibrating against my thighs. It’s probably Kimberly, she believes the minute she pulls up, I should pop up. Do I look like a squirrel? I don’t live in trees or outside for that matter, how the hell will I know when she coming.

B: I'm outside. Where r u?  I knew it, she didn't even stop the car properly, yet she’s texting me.

K: Okay I'm coming now.  I quickly text her back knowing, just how impatient she has been with me lately. I feel as if she is punishing me and don’t know why. Ever since we came from lunch today she has been avoiding me. I don’t recalling offending her. We ate lunch, I helped her pick out a gift and then she ignored me for entire car ride back to work and at the office. This isn't the first time either.

I pull my black thick coat out of the closet next to the front door and I run to car, in an attempt to beat the cool temperature. Lately, the weather has been so unpredictable, one moment it’s humid and the next it’s frigid, just like Becky. Becky reaches over the passenger seat and she opens the car door for me.

Tonight is one night I should really stay at home. I have so much work backed up and I can’t balance my books for anything in the world. But here I am going to an absolute stranger’s bridal shower for Becky’s sake.

“Why the long face?” she rubs her pacifying, gentle fingers over my chilled face exciting my heart. “Aren't you ready to party?" she cheers revealing the excitement roasting in her heart. I sit on the car’s heated seats, warming my body rapidly. The seat and the heater is enough to keep me warm so I throw my black jacket in the backseat. I've been hanging out with Becky so much lately, that I starting to feel familiar and comfortable around her. It’s as if the car is my car.

"Of course I am! I love bridal showers and I can’t wait until I have my own. You get sit down and watch two people in love open gifts and talk about their relationships. I find it so adorable!" I love to see two people in love. It motivates single people like myself to believe that true love still exists.

"Someone's a hopeless romantic. I think you've read too much Shakespeare." She actually knows who Shakespeare is. Wow!