A Broken Heart and a new Relationship

Bubba was on top of the world. He was so happy that he felt even if someone threw their lunch in his face he wouldn’t care (happened twice in 7th grade). He knew to be careful about expressing what he was exactly happy about, since that could result in people making fun of Marshall too, but he still had a smile on his face none the less.

“Dude, what are you so happy about?” Fionna pushed as they sat down on a wooden bench together.

“Can’t tell you! It’s a secret,” Bubba giggled a little, not caring how flamboyant he probably looked while doing so.

“But you’re giggling BG, and you never giggle! You swore off giggling last year remember? Something is definitely up,” she huffed, grinning a little.

“Well, okay. Promise you won’t tell anyone.” He said, turning to face her. She nodded, her eyes twinkling.

He bit his lip and looked around making sure there was no one around to hear, “Last night...I kissed someone. Not telling you who but I did. I had my first kiss last night.”

He felt elated and grinned even more. “Wait, you did!? With who? I thought you still liked-” Fionna was cut off when he shoved his hand on her face, “You can’t just go around saying who I like Fionna. It’s nice cool.”

He gave her a stern look and she nodded and lowered her voice, “So, who was it?”

Bubba leaned forward and cupped a hand around her ear and whispered, “It was Marshall.”

There was a moment of silence until Fionna jumped off the bench and shouted, “Finally!” She pumped her fists into the air and said, “Now we can go on double dates! Me and FP can gag together while we watch you two be so frickin cute! Seriously, you two are so cute that it’s gross.” Fionna added the last part, making Bubba blush.

He motioned her forward and hissed, “Don’t think so far ahead! I don’t even know if he likes me. We just kissed and that was it...”

He felt a tap on his shoulder and turned around, “Hey faggot, heard you two talking bout how you finally got your first kiss. Bet it was Marshall huh? You’re fucking gross.”

Bubba turned around to find Thomas, the kid that’s been tormenting him since elementary school that tried beating him up by the handball court. He was still shorter than Bubba too.

“Hey, shut up! What’s he ever done to you?” Fionna defended, placing her hands on her hips.

“Oh wow, looks like gaylord over here’s so weak he needs a girl to defend him.” Thomas said with a satisfied smirk.

Fionna laughed and said, “Really? Gaylord? That’s your best insult?” She leaned on Bubba from laughing so hard and he weakly laughed back.

“Better than whatever you’re coming up with,” Thomas muttered, crossing his arms.