Chapter 1: The Freak that Breaks Windows

Enjoy, Lovelies! ~Ember

"Trust me, Ember. It's for the best," my dad said. I just glared at him and my mom. I couldn't believe they were putting me up for adoption. I was their oldest daughter. Sure, I wasn't the best daughter, but still. I was their daughter!

Soon I was left alone.

"Here are the rules. I am Mrs. Lennon," said the lady in charge. (Don't judge me. I'm listening to the Beatles >.<)

Rules

1. No Swearing

2. No loud music

3. Lights out at 10:30.

4. No drugs or alcoholic beverages 

I stopped reading after that one, cause frankly I didn't give a shit.

"Right this way, Ember," Mrs. Lennon said. I followed her silently.

"Since all the girls rooms are full, you'll be sharing with a boy. His name is Gerard, but he forces everyone to call him Cloud, and he's kind of crazy," Mrs. Lennon informed me.

I shrugged. I'd always gotten along better with boys and crazy people. I didn't mind sharing a room with him, as long as he wasn't a pervert.

"You'll be in- CLOUD DID YOU BREAK ANOTHER WINDOW!?" Mrs. Lennon shrieked. I giggled as I saw Cloud for the first time. He had scratches all over him.

"Yes, Ma'am. It was pissing me off," he replied. 

"Oh, Cloud. How do windows piss you off?"

"It was being an asshole."

"No swearing!"

"Whatever. Who's the girl?"

"This is Ember. She's staying with you."

"Hey," I said.

"Quick, what's your favorite band?" Cloud asked me.

"My Chemical Romance," I replied quickly. He grinned.

"We will get along dashingly!"

"I'll leave you to settle in."

"So, how long have you been here?" I asked him.

"A few weeks," Cloud replied, glaring at the floor.

"Oh..." I said quietly.

"Whatever. My parent's were dicks," Cloud growled.

"Same," I agreed.

"Well, little miss Ember, I think we're going to get along," Cloud chuckled.

"I believe we will," I agreed.

"So, you wanna mess with some people?" he asked hopefully.

"Hell yeah!"

He grinned at me.

"C'mon. I know some bitches we can mess with. How good are you at playing dead?"

"Pretty good. Why?"

"Come with me," Cloud answered. He was smirking.

I let him drag me to a corner of the room where he pulled out a bunch of makeup and fake vampire fangs that you stick to your teeth.

"Okay, so basically what we're going to do is make you look dead and make me look more like a vampire than I already do. Then we're going out into the hallway and scaring some bitches," he explained as he started to put my dead make up on.

"Now, sit still. I have some fake blood that I'm putting on your neck. It's going to be very uncomfortable, but you'll have to deal with it," he informed me matter-of-factually. I nodded.

"I can do your make up," I offered.

"Great, cause I suck at putting it on myself. Red and black eyeshadow, eyeliner, pale as fuck horror movie make up," he instructed.

"Okay, got it," I replied. I got to work on it.

"Amazing job!"

"I know. C'mon, lets do this shit!" I exclaimed. 

He put the fangs on and we walked out into the hallway.

"HELP! HELP! THE VAMPIRE GOT-" I stopped screaming as Cloud put his fangs on my neck and started to "drink my blood"

"AHHH!!!! I KNEW HE WAS A VAMPIRE!" someone shrieked.

I fell limply to the floor as Cloud dropped me and started to walk to the girls.

"I want your souls... I want your blood," he whispered. It was pretty scary.

The girls screamed loudly and ran away. I popped up.

"Haha, man, that was fucking epic!" I exclaimed.

Someone started clapping behind us.

"Oh shit," Cloud whined. We turned around and did not expect to see what we did...

Mwahahahaha what's going to happen? What did they see? I know. I don't think Gerard knows. (Yet...)