Chapter 11: Meeting the Family

Start from the beginning

              “Kyle…” she sobs into my shirt squeezing me tight, I could feel my white V-neck shirt getting wet but I didn’t care the main thought on my mind was how I was going to find Kyle to kick his ass.

             “Shhhh, it’s okay…I’m here…” I coo into her hair holding her closer, when her tears slow down she starts to pull back and she looks up into my eyes her arms still around my waist. Those innocent eyes now burning red around the most beautiful green shade ever to be created, it takes every ounce of will power that I have not to press my lips against hers and climb on top of her as I brush the hair out of her face.

              “Can you take me home…” she croaks out, her voice not the same after all the tears she’s cried.

         Complete silence fills the house while I look at her she is staring off into the distance in her thoughts, I wait for her to tell me the story patiently sitting at the dining room table. “So…how do you want it done?” I ask, she jumps just slightly like she forgot I was there.

            “Want what done?” She asks wiping her buffy eyes obviously insecure wondering if they look okay,

                 “His murder, you want it to look like a suicide?” I smile, the corner of her lips turn up just slightly

              “Don’t make me laugh, I hurt too much.” She says with a slight chuckle, I scoot over closer to her.

               “But I love it when you laugh, the world is always a happier place when you laugh.” I give her an encouraging smile taking her hand in mine,

           “That is so sweet…” she smiles squeezing my hand just slightly making my stomach fill with butterflies,  “I’m just so confused, I’m trying to figure out what just happened.”

            “Well talk to me about it and I’ll see if I can help,” she studies my eyes for a moment and does something I wasn’t expecting at all she kisses my cheek.

            “You are the sweetest guy to ever walk this earth, and I appreciate you more than you will ever know.” She sighs pressing her forehead to mine, I can’t even breathe to reply as I get lost in her eyes. “This is what happened…” she starts, pulling away from me she sits back in her chair almost preparing herself.

             “So I told Kyle I was in love, and I guess he assumed I meant with him when he found out it wasn’t with him he freaked out and threw my books down I asked what was wrong and he laughed like he was insane. You know like the bad guys in all the movies and cartoons. He pretty much called me stupid and said that he loved me since day one and now he lost me to a guy who can’t even be with me or something he said my love was more unrealistic then his then stormed off kicking my book on the way…” she seems to be replaying the whole thing in her mind over and over again, I know I should have been focused on the horror of the story but all that was on my mind was that she said she was in love with someone she can’t be with and Kyle asked if I was cheating on my girlfriend with Jazmine…does she love me too? Do I even love her or is this just lust?

            “Whoa…that’s crazy. So who is the guy you are in love with?” I ask inching closer most of me wanting her to say my name the other part knowing how confusing it would be if she did. Her eyes lock on mine and my mind starts to sing say my name, say my name if no one is around you say baby I love you… it’s embarrassing I still remember that song but I blame, Sam.

            “Yo-“ She starts but the front door flying open makes both our heads turn toward it, was she about to say you? My mind is screaming with excitement,

            “Honey I’m home!” A guy with long black skater hair shouts out posing like a superhero placing his fist on his hips, chin in the air, and feet spread apart. His gaze meets mine and he looks at Jazmine all puffy eyed and me sitting there anger fills his happy eyes, “What the fuck did you do? I will kick your ass!” He shouts charging for me, I jump out of my seat the moment Jaz does she steps between us and I start to wonder if this is the guy she meant.

            “Carlos, stop! Don’t be an idiot you shouldn’t challenge a professional fighter to fight.” She narrows her eyes at him putting her hand on his chest, Carlos? My mind echo’s I know that name she told me about him but what was it?

                 “Well if that fucker hurt you I will be happy to get my ass kicked as long as I get a few good hits in.” he snarls trying to push past her, my mind is too busy trying to figure out who this is to look tough, he is protective like a lover but he seems to be a little younger than Jaz… that’s when more people walk in and it clicks Carlos was her brother!

          “Whoa, Carlos you got it all wrong I’m here comforting her, I would never hurt your sister trust me…” I trail off staring down at her, “she is too special…” she smiles up at me making my heart skip at least 5 beats.

             “I forgot you guys were coming over this week, guys this is Randy my coach and best friend.” She gestures toward me and the two girls standing there eyes go big,

             “He is hot!” They both exclaim in one voice, my cheeks flush red slightly embarrassed. “Hi, I’m Sara Jazmine’s twin.” One smiles extending her hand for me to shake, I notice the similarities but they were obviously not identical twins. Sara didn’t have the same eye color as Jazmine and she was a lot taller,

             “Nice to meet you.” I say plainly not even smiling, all these people around just makes me want to run out of here.

            “Move, move my turn!” The girl exclaims, she brushes her red hair out of her face after shoving everyone out of the way. “I’m Glitter, and trust me the pleasure is all mine to meet you, you are sexier than a unicorn eating a blue apple.” She winks after her odd complement,

              “Um… is Glitter your real name? and um….thanks… I think…” I add very confused by this girl but she seemed to mean well.

             “No, it’s Gloria but that name is so eww” I nod extending my hand to her, “Oh no I’m a hugger, a tight hugger….” She sighs with a grin, Carlos pulls her away as she starts to come in for a hug.

          “Sorry about that, Glitter is my girlfriend and she is…well special. Anyways, I’m Carlos, that’s Michael and the one playing the video game is Jake.” He gestures to the rest of the people and I notice them from the pictures Jazmine has around the house. This will be an interesting week to say the least…I think seeing that Sara and Glitter pulled Jazmine to the side and were giggling in her ear.