Chapter 21, Spanking a gang leader

"Lynch, you want a lift?" I offer after walking into the kitchen and grabbing a prescribed apple and dose of medicine

"Lynch, you want a lift?" I offer after walking into the kitchen and grabbing a prescribed apple and dose of medicine. I have to admit the training and medicine has improved my strength over the last week.

And now that a week has passed, the twins informed me Jaaco is finally coming out of hiding from the North. It's amazing how they'll know this, but not where to find the South in the first place.

It's one of the reasons I have to go back to school today. It's the only place I know I'll find Jaaco and, to be honest, that annoying girl inside of me that refuses to sleep, still wants to graduate high school. It's barely another two months.

Just because the guys don't feel like they need to graduate, doesn't mean I should, that girl pleads.

Amber.

Lynch comes bouncing into the kitchen like a puppy - his hair flapping everywhere. "A lift?" Lynch asks with big, hopeful eyes.

Still deciding that I owe everyone a recite of the girl they learned to love, I decide it won't hurt too much to pretend to be fine. For people who I remember I cared about. Really cared about.

"Yeah, I'm heading back to school to sniff out some extra credits. I figured we can share a lift?" I suggest.

Lynch basically freezes. "I should've worn my Jasmine shampoo..." he whispers.

"Don't over react," I sigh and clasp Lynch's shoulder before leading him to the front door. Since when is he so tall? He's just a little... a little... When is his birthday? "When's your birthday again?" I ask.

Lynch swings to me with a wounded face: "How could you forget?" he sniffs.

I push Lynch out of the house and towards Blue Jay. "Relax, you never actually told me."

"Oh," Lynch says before his hair gets its volume back and he announces: "It's next week. I'll be sixteen."

He seems so proud that I can't help to fake a kind smile and ask: "Does this mean I'll have to get my revolver to keep the girls away?" I slide into Blue Jay and Lynch follows with a shy smile.