[34] Childish Behaviour.

A/N: a little surprise update because today is Labour Day here so I thought y'all deserve another update. 😉 Enjoy! ♥️

- - -

Barqat leans down, his mouth brushing her lips too softly to the point where it's barely touching, but still manages to send tingles down her spine. The butterflies are rapidly fluttering in her stomach as her breathing quickens.

When he notices the effect he had on her, he smiles. Dunia can feel his smile forming just an inch away from her lips, she knows he has the most sliest smile plastered on his face because of how she's reacting to him.

So, to erase that smirk off of his face, she tries pushing him away but that only makes him pull her closer into his chest.

"Where do you think you're going, my love? Don't want to complete our little moment?" Barqat couldn't stop beaming.

Dunia narrows her eyes, "I don't want to complete anything except for work right now."

"I think you can spare me another minute or two." He whispers in a hoarse tone. Dunia feel's like an ice cube standing right against the sun because she's melting way too instantaneously in his grasp.

"Maybe I can." Dunia could barely get those words out of her mouth before Barqat seals his lips against hers. Fireworks and desire shoots through both their bodies. Dunia feels like she's walking on air as her whole body feels light and airy.

Every thought in Barqat's head has evaporated. And for the first time in a long time, he's thinking about the present, he's thinking about right now, he's thinking about Dunia.

Dunia is no longer in a hurry to do things, she had no wish for their kiss to end.

His body became intoxicated with endorphins and his only desire at the moment is her touch. He snakes his hands around her arms to feel the softness of her skin. The kiss deepens as his lips grip hers with a firmer touch, with that, quickening both of their breathing.

"Dunia..." His raspy voice calls out for her.

"Sir—Oh, Jesus Christ." Donatella interrupts Barqat and Dunia but quickly looks away as she realizes she stumbled upon a private moment.

Dunia hastily pulls away from Barqat trying to catch her breath. She also begins to blush uncontrollably at the fact that Donatella had seen them. Donatella is arguably more flustered than Dunia because of what she walked in on just now.

Barqat groans unsatisfied about his unfinished moment with Dunia, "What is it, Dona?" He sounds slightly irritated.

"I'm so very extremely sorry, Sir and Ma'am. I didn't mean to— Um, Mr. Adnaan Sheikh and Mrs. Sabina Sheikh are here. They're waiting in the living room." Dontella says without making eye contact with the pair.

"Oh. Uh—we'll be right there. Please keep them busy." Barqat tells Donatella.

She nods and closes the door behind her.

Dunia quickly walks towards the full body mirror and her appearance is a mess. She ties up her hair in a neat bun and wraps her hijab around her head again. She runs her hands down her clothes to smooth it down.

"Wait, wait, wait, where are you going?" Barqat asks.

Dunia tilts her head at him in confusion, "To see your parents."

Barqat's eyes darken for a moment, "My father is my only parent. That woman is just Mrs. Sheikh to me. Understood?"

Dunia nods. "Sorry." She mumbles.