[21] Just A Little Curious.

A/N: Friday update AND a double update? Today is full of miracles. 😂😉

- - -

"Does this belong to Mr. Adnaan Sheikh?" Dunia asks James. She's staring at the giant jet as her things are being loaded onto the plane.

"Yes, Ma'am. Mr. Barqat Sheikh also has his own. However, his father has lent us his for this trip as his father's is the only airplane in the family that can make international flights." James explains this as if it is not a big deal.

"You must be kidding me... So you're trying to say the family owns multiple airplanes? For person use?" Dunia asks.

"Yes, Ma'am. That is correct." James nods.

Woah... These people are not playing around...

Dunia had researched their two destinations before leaving the house so she would bring appropriate items with her. She has mostly packed light, long maxi dresses. She did add in two pairs of flowy and airy Palazzo pants so she can pair them with comfortable sneakers and still have air circulating through her legs since both locations are going to be very warm.

Today, she is wearing a baby pink maxi dress with a white hijab. The weather is pretty cloudy at the moment so she isn't feeling much heat. Hopefully, her airy clothes will save her during the actual heat.

Dunia hasn't seen Barqat this whole time. James brought her to the airport alone and didn't really have answers to any of her questions. She was kind of relieved not to see him in the car but was wondering what he's up to.

Dunia is seated by a really pretty flight attendant. "Mrs. Dunia Sheikh, would you like any snacks or refreshments as you wait for Mr. Barqat Sheikh?"  She asks politely.

Dunia asks for a glass of water because her anxiety about this trip is making her throat dry. As the flight attendant comes back with a glass of water Dunia asks her if she knows about Barqat's whereabouts. She answers, "He will be here any minute. I have gotten word that he has just made it outside."

Dunia nods and thanks her.

"Can't handle being alone in a lavish flight, huh, Mrs. Sheikh? I guess someone as poor as you marrying me has brought you some perks." A familiar male voice washes out her anxiety and replaces it with irritation. It's none other than Barqat.

Dunia doesn't reply, she busies herself with untangling her earphones. Barqat chooses to take his seat right beside her to irritate her even further. "You do realize we will be spending two whole weeks together with no one to save you?" He smirks.

She rolls her eyes. "You do realize you bought a house in the middle of nowhere so I wouldn't have anyone to save me even if I was at home." Dunia snaps back.

"This is going to be a really long flight, Bukhari, almost 20 hours long with two stops. I say you drop that attitude and quietly settle down." Barqat says with a sharp tone.

Something about him calling her by her maiden name brings back comfort, brings back some kind of identity. She's not sure of she'll ever be comfortable with her married title because it'll remind her how she's going to be Barqat's as long as God lets her.

• • •

Eight hours into the flight, both of them had fallen asleep. When Dunia wakes up, she realizes Barqat's head on her shoulder. She cannot help but be mesmerized by his peaceful sleeping state. His slow and uniformed breathing makes him look so serene. If he wasn't such a vile of a person, just his sleeping state alone would make Dunia want to give the world, if she could.

She hadn't noticed this much before because she hadn't paid attention to his side profile, Holy crap, his jawline looks like it could probably cut anything that grazes it. How the hell is it so sharp? She's tempted to touch it, just because of how sharp it looks. But thinks it would be better to keep her hands to herself.

She notices Barqat moving a little and quickly pretends to fall asleep. He sits up straight and Dunia's head falls on his shoulder swiftly. Dunia silently curses herself because his movement made her head slip but she stays still.

From the corner of her slightly opened eyes, she can see Barqat staring at her. Or more like staring at her lips. He slowly takes his finger and grazes it across her lips. It was such a soft brushing motion that if Dunia was actually asleep, she wouldn't have noticed.

"It's even softer than I thought it would be." Barqat quietly whispers to himself. "Okay, that's enough. You've satisfied your curiosity, Barqat Sheikh."

His small touch sends butterflies through her stomach. Her stomach feels so fluttery and funny that it becomes harder for her to sit still. As soft as he imagined? He's been thinking about my lips?

She slowly starts moving to warn him that she's waking up and he quickly pulls his hand away and grabs a magazine.

Dunia wanted to smirk but she holds it in so she doesn't get caught.

"You took long enough to wake up. We're landing in a few minutes." Barqat says without looking up from his magazine.

"Sorry." Dunia mutters. Yeah, I was trying not to freak out while you were being a creep! But I guess I was kind of creeping before too...

• • •

They were told that airplane maintenance was going to take two hours and they were taken to a VIP lounge.

Dunia indulges in the fancy food that they have laid out in the lounge. Barqat had left to go to the washroom so she was alone. She was enjoying her food when she was approached by an airport staff member, "Ma'am, are you in the right place?"

Dunia looks up at the middle-aged white man, "Um, excuse me?"

"I do not think you're allowed to be here." He states.

Confused, Dunia begins to explain how this isn't a mistake and that she was directed by someone to come here as she and her husband wait for their flight.

"Ma'am, my patience is running thin, I would like for you to step out of this lounge. This is for VIP guests only."

Dunia cracks easily under such pressure to the point where she becomes speechless and almost scared. "Sir, if you could just wait for my husband, Mr. Bar—"

"I'm going to have to call security." He says rudely.

"Call security on whom?" Barqat interrupts.

- - -

A/N: this man is just 😤😤😤

Please vote and comment and let me know how y'all feel!!