Naming the Additions

The kitten has black, grey, white, and orange fur with grey eyes. The puppy has different shades of brown with white on his chest and nose. His eyes where the brightest blue I have ever seen. I called Natalya before we left to ask her if she could come stay the night and do something for me and I would pay her. When we got to the house, Delilah carefully carried the sleeping kitten into the house while I picked up the puppy, which had fallen asleep on my lap. "So, now we have to find a name for both of them." I told Delilah. "Which one do you want to name?" I asked her. "Kitty." She said. "Okay, what do you want to name her?" "Sasha?" She questioned. "You can think about it." I said running my hand through her hair.

I picked up the little guy, "What about you? What should your name be?" I asked him. He licked my nose. "It has to have blue in it." Then I started thinking about the lion in Flyboys. 'What was its name?' I asked myself. I gasped. "I have the perfect name for you. Whisky Blue." He licked my cheek excitedly. Delilah giggled. "Red Lotus." I heard Natalya said from the door. "What?" I asked. She laughed. "Yeah, momma." Delilah said excitedly.

"Where did you come up with that?" I asked Natalya as she sat on the floor in front of me. "I was at a party and Adam dared me to drink a shot of it. It's very hard Vodka. It reminds me of her." She said pointed to the kitten crawling under Elsie's hair. "You finally decided to get one...two?" She corrected. "Yeah, it felt like something was missing. Now it feels whole." I told her. "Are you sure it's not that you haven't had a boyfriend in..." I cut her off. "No, that isn't why." I snapped. "I'm sorry I didn't mean to snap but I'm not looking. I'm fine with it being just Delilah...Whisky Blue, Red Lotus, and me. They are all I need." She just nodded.

"Can you stay here while I go up to the store and get some of the things I will need?" I asked her. "Yeah." "Do you want to stay here Delilah or help me pick out there beds?" I asked her. She looked like she wanted to stay and come. "How about this, you help Aunt Nat and I will pick out great beds for them. Okay?" I asked her. "Okay." She sighed. "I'll be back."

I picked up puppy food and cat food. I made sure I wouldn't have to make another trip for a month or two. I picked up some peepee pads, and then went to look at the food and water bowls. I ended up getting a light blue food and water bowl for Whisky and a light red water and food bowl for Red. I looked at the beds. I couldn't decide. I called Natalya so I could talk to Delilah. I asked her if she wanted one big bed for them to share or one for each. She said that ever since I left, they curled up next to each other and fell asleep. One big bed it is. I picked out the blue Marine camo bed and a pink Marine camo bed; I am going to sow them together. They are small but put together it will be big enough until Whisky has his growths pert.

I was going to pick out a collar for them but I had the material at home to do that. I then went to pick out a couple toys, bones, treats, and balls. When I got up to the checkout counter the guy gave me a smile and shook his head. "What? It would have been worse if my daughter was here." I told him with a laugh. "I'm not judging, I did the same thing when I first brought my Pit home." He chuckled. He started to ring up everything I put on the counter. Luckily, everything was under a hundred dollars.

I've been gone for a good thirty minutes, so when I get home I hurry and get the stuff inside. It's almost six o'clock, which means I need to start supper. I set the bags by the door when I get in. Then I smell and hear something cooking. "Nat?" I called. "Yeah, in the kitchen." She said. I walked in and saw her cooking. "Elsie said it was spaghetti night so I started on the meat." She said. "Friday night is always Spaghetti night. Thanks, I had forgotten. Lilah, go bring the bags in here and we can get them sorted." She stood up and ran into the living room with Whisky and Red behind her.

I set a pot in the sink and put water in it, and then set it on the stove and salted it while I turned the burner on high so it will be ready when I put the noodles in it. I then went and showed Delilah, Whisky, and Red everything that I had bought. "I'm going to sow this together so it will be for both a boy and girl." I told Lilah. I set out the bowls and Whisky started to run away with Red's bowl. "No, Whisky that's Red's." I called after him. He set the bowl down and shook his body. Natalya laughs "I guess someone is a fan of pink." I smiled.

Now, a year later, Whisky and Red are still as close as ever. They are both very protective of Delilah. It's funny to watch when one of them is in a bad mood the other will growl or hiss so they don't hurt her. Delilah is turning four soon, she's grown up so fast it makes me want to cry. She's so beautiful though with her long brown hair and bright blue eyes. She's so smart too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm sorry I haven't updated in a long time, and that his chapter is sooo very short. I went on vacation and have been working my butt off non-stop at work. 

Enjoy!