7 {} Insulted

Trinity's lips trembled as she read the note, eyes watering as well. Then, her expression turned into a cold one.

" T and L? Trent and Liam? How could he do that to Laia? How could he do that.. to me? " She said, throwing the note on the ground.

" I don't know. But what do you think he meant, we'll replace her for someone else's heart? What does that even mean? " I said, completely frustrated and overwhelmed by the entire situation.

Trinity was about to reply when a knock on my door rang through out the room, and I felt myself rush towards the door to see who it was.

" There you are " Maxon said, completely ignoring me.

" We'll hello to you too " I said with a frown.

" Hey Annabelle, sorry. I was looking for Trinity everywhere " He said and took his hand in hers.

" You were? Why? " She asked him confused.

" To go walk in the gardens " He said, and she smiled half heartedly, the whole note situation still on her mind.

" Okay, talk to you later Anna, okay? " She asked me, heading towards the door with Maxon and I nodded. Something about the way she spoke told me that we'd be talking about the note later on.

After they left I walked to the balcony. The old shattered door was now replaced with a beautifully stained glass window door, the colours blended and flowered together like leaves on a vine, and finished smoothly on the black metal frame holding it together.

As I walked onto the balcony, I looked down on the garden. Maxon looked at Trinity with such intensity and love, it was incredible. Suddenly, the lightest of a knock caught my ear, and I turned around.

" Come in " I said, expecting it to be Lela. Instead America appeared at my door, her strawberry blonde hair pinned up in its signature bun.

" America? " I said, a tinge of confusion leaking into my voice.

" Hi Annabelle, sorry to be a bother, but I really needed to speak to you " She said shyly and stepped further into my room.

" No, it's okay. What's wrong? " I asked her, stepping out of the balcony and into my room.

" No, nothing's wrong. I just- I need help planning with the Ball " She said and looked sheepishly to the ground.

" What do you mean? " I asked, pulling her small figure with me on a nearby couch.

" I mean, planning the entire thing. When I told Maxon the idea, he told the King and he just sprouted the whole ball on me. Now its my duty to take care of everything and I'm honestly a mess " She said and I stared at the ground, completely quiet.

" What about Marlee? " I asked her and she spoke quietly

" She's already helping with the decorations " America said and I nodded.

" Why did you ask me? You couldn't asked Silvia, plus we don't really.. talk " I said and she looked at me sheepishly.

" Silvia would have just taken things over and made it to her liking, and I didn't want that, plus you're the most organized person I've met " She said and I smiled at her.

" Okay, I'll help " I said and she grinned

" Thank god, come with me, I have some things for you to do " She muttered and dragged me off the couch, racing out of my room.

" The first thing we have to do is notify the public and guests. I'll go call the magazines and newspapers and you call these people, I'll be back in an hour or so, Maxon is joining me " She stuttered and shoved a list in my hands.